Constant Stomach/ Abdominal Noises?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

So March 2019 my stomach made weird nonstop popping, swishing, gurgling noises Went away after 30 days (dr did CBC and FIT test - both normal)

Summer 2019- had discomfort upper left side under rib

Nov 2019- blood on toilet tissue then saw some on a little piece of stool and in bowel (FIT test still showing normal ) lost apetite for a week

Dec 2019- had CT with contrast of abdominal (normal), colonscopy (normal), endoscopy (mild gastritis shown on biopsy -- otherwise normal), blood tests, stool markers, stool samples all normal

well, shortly after all the tests in Dec my adbominal has been making nonstop noises! mostly on upper right and in the gut it sounds like. sometimes i have gas but not always. the noises are gurgling, growling, popping... very rarely i "feel" them just mostly hear them.

any suggestions? i already had the anxiety freak out of all the "scary" conditions but given the test results, my doctor doesnt seem concerned. still, the noises are very embarassing and dont help my anxiety 😃 thank you everyone 😃

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try Simethicone anti-gas tablets. If no relief get another opinion from a gastroenterologist.

• Edited

You body is supposed to make noises. Especially your stomach and intestines. This is normal! I agree with your doctor. All the tests you had should have found something. But they didn't. You will be ok. Stop stressing over nothing.

• Posted

It sounds like you may have a bit of IBS, if you can get hold of any in the currant crisis, try and get some kefir yoghurt drinks. If not ask your doctor about alverine it is an antispasmodic which helps IBS symptoms.

• Posted

thanks, everyone 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.