Constant stomach pain, nearly passed out and sleeping in the day. Feel terrible

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need some help with some symptoms I have been suffering with for a few days now. On Saturday morning I woke up with an intense stomach pain and felt so nauseous. I went on to have about 4 bowel movements which were all watery. I forced myself to eat some breakfast hoping that it would just pass. I drove to work as usual as I cannot really afford to take time off work, I got there and was massively spaced out and after about an hour of being there started feeling worse. It got so bad to the point where I nearly passed out in the shop and managed to stop myself by laying down, I was then picked up by my dad thankfully. I cannot pinpoint what is making me feel like this. I have slept in the day for two days now and feel very lethargic and run down. 

I am not sure whether it is a stomach bug or food poisoning, or something entirely different. All I can say is that I ate chicken on the Friday and I can't help but think it wasn't cooked properly. I am worried because I work two jobs and haven't felt this unwell in a while and it's stressing me out more having to deal with this. 

I have checked my temperature and it is around 36.5c / 97.7f so no temperature at the moment. My body feels achy and I feel weak. Have not thrown up and can keep down food and liquids, just about. Any help would be appreciated! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Where about is the stomach pain? Are you having any other symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, chest pain or feeling really hot or cold?
    • Posted

The pain is in the upper quadrants more so than lower and is just a nauseating pain. No chest pain, heartbeat is ok but I do have anxiety so obviously when I panic about feeling unwell it rises hence why I’m trying to stay calm haha! Also the odd hot flush but nothing serious, the weather is very warm in England at the moment sad
    • Posted

Well drink plenty of water and if it continues go to the doctor. There are so many things that can go wrong with your stomach and it is better to catch things early if it is anything serious. It may just be a bit of food poisoning and dehydration but if it continues don’t just leave it.
    • Posted

Thank you very much, you have put my mind at ease abit I tend to overthink a lot! I have an appointment tomorrow so hopefully they will be able to do some tests. If it hasn’t gone by the end of the week then I will start to be abit more concerned. Kind Regards! 
  • Posted

Sounds like a stomach bug or food poisoning.  If no better after a week, see your doctor.
    • Posted

Thank you ! Hoping it passes soon, just making sure I drink enough fluids smile
    • Posted

Just drink the amount of fluids you would normally take.  Don’t take more than you need to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.