Constant strange feeling

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 20 year old male, with no outstanding health issues, nor considerable family health issues.

After consuming a considerable amount of alcohol 6 weeks ago i woke up with the usual hangover. The day after the hangover I still felt strange. 

Its now been 6 weeks and I still feel odd. Inititally I would get balance and diziness issues and was provided with prochloperazine however this did not help.

I have since had problems concentrating, focusing and retaining information, and often feel drunk or spaced out, with blurred long distance vision. 

My local GPs are useless and provide very little help. I am stressing considerably over this and want a potential solution to my problem or a potential diagnosis as to what it may be. I considered labyrinthisis but as this feeling came on without a cold or any noticable medical concerns, and my hearing has been fine + its been a very long time I am starting to doubt this.

Any ideas??? please.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just to note, there are sometimes  during the day where I feel considerably better than other though I have no direct understanding why. 
  • Posted

Are you able to get past the GP so that you can chat with a neurologist? Or, are you forced to obtain the GP's referral?
    • Posted

I would have to get a referral - I have a GP appointment tomorrow
    • Posted

If the GP doesn't give you the satisfaction you need, I recommend being very direct with him.  That is, demand he give you an answer on why he is dismissing your symptoms.  Ask him if he thinks your symptoms are normal, insignificant, or made-up?  Demand answers.  Demand to know why he's not giving you a referral.  If you don't like his answers, let him know; counter his silly arguments.  Don't ease up until you get your referral.  Doctors, though they may believe otherwise, are not beyond reproach.  One must wonder how dead one must be to get a referral these days.

I hope your appt. goes well.  Please give an update after your appt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.