Constant symptoms wearing me down please help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone experienced very sore and inflamed labia and just inside vagina? It keeps coming back I've used s hydrocortisone cream sparingly it cleared up I had one normal week then it's back again feels like your vagina is swollen gaping and back to square one very sore to sit or walk or do anything. Had tests done all clear in blood work   Don't use any smellies in bath or on me don't dry just air dry after shower use un bleached toilet paper wash clothes in no enzyme no fragrance washing powder. This seems to go in a cycle I also get very puffy above eyes is it something being excreted in urine that causes sore?? Any ideas more than welcome am so fed up after a year of these symptoms . My resilience is being truly tested is this really what menopause can do!!!!! Please help 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello liz. I had the same problem about 4 years ago and a gynaecologist prescribed me a very low hormone pessery to use twice a week. He said it was to do with the menopause and the vaginal wall becoming very thin. Anyway it did the trick.
    • Posted

Hi matron what was the hormone pessaries out of interest ? I used to have ovestin cream to insert 
    • Posted

Hi liz. The pessaries were Estradiol (Vagifem). I used 1 twice a week.
    • Posted

Hi matron thanks for info good to hear others have this kind of problem. Other half sick of me so willing to discuss but wants a remedy !! So do I its just not that easy is it ? 
    • Posted

No it isn't liz. I found out purely by chance about this thinning of the vaginal wall. I'd had soreness and discomfort like you but saw the gynaecologist about an unrelated problem (I had a prolapse). When he examined me he mentioned this and immediately prescribed the pesseies. They really helped and I still use them occasionally.
    • Posted

Thats what happened to me, i had a smear etc and a well woman check, and he said i had vaginal atrophy ( dryness) and although i dont take HRT he said Estriol ( ovestin vaginal cream) or ovules will repair and prevent, infact plump it all up inside again, and to use a tiny bit on outer genitalia too.

i also had BV and never knew as had no odour or usual symptoms at all.. That was also picked up on smear results.

i now use the eco care vaginal Ph home tester sticks and make sure all is always okay now ..

its very good the estriol ..  I use ovestin ovules internally and ovestin cream externally, cream can be used internally too, I only use occassionally that seems fine for me.

jay x

• Posted

Hi Liz,

I use pjur med silicone lubricant. They also do a repair lubricant and a hygeine spray .  It is available at Boots online or instore.  I cannot use HRT. It is much better than any other lubricants and is safe and non irritant.  Have you been to the GP?  You should really get it checked out. 

• Posted

Yes been to doctor once again beginning to haunt the place usual stuff must be thrush take a swab leave you In discomfort all weekend .. Losing faith in medical profession 
  • Posted

Big hugs, I know how you feel, I have had this on and off for 3 years, it was my first sign of peri. I found yes waterbased lubricant really good for comfort, use as often as you need. GP prescribed Locoid cream which is to be used sparingly but really cleared it up for me for much longer periods of time.

Once you get it under control you will feel better. I find chlorinated swimming pools can se it off.

• Posted

Thanks for hug really down about it all. Haven't done anything to set it off wouldn't mind if I had I could pinpoint it and eliminate. Thanks for suggestions I have yes lubricant. 
    • Posted

See if your GP will give you the cream I mentioned, mine has been at bay for about 4 months now which is so nice.
  • Posted

Hi Liz 

poor you.. 

i didnt have such inflamation like you mention, but did have abit of dryness.

my Gyno suggested only Ovestin ( Estriol the kinder estrogen) vaginal cream which can be sparingly applied to outer areas as well, or Ovestin Estriol Ovules, which i prefer and are less messy.. I only use on occassion and they are very good, have been for me anyway.

non hormonal pre meno duo ovules are good in my experience too, from stress no more uk ..

i use either ... From time to time.. 

Are you the liz on the other discussions that uses alot of other things internally , maybe they have made you sore and inflammed .. ?

have you checked your vaginal PH levels, as  if high can be BV 

best to see a Gyno if at all possible. i know i would .. Hope you find something that helps..

jay x

• Posted

Yes use lots internally but followed nutritionist advice for a period of time then stopped so nothing inserted at all. Love to see a gynocologist not even offered one at all just soldier on. Have appointment at vulval clinic in January hoping they can sort me out. 
    • Posted

Hi Liz

oh bless you hun, its so miserable when things down there wont improve.

i do feel for you, i had my fair share of it so truly relate.

i only get to see a gyno as i live in spain, and i just have to pay for mine, hes very good though and worth every penny.

i so hope you get sorted Liz 

big hugs 

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.