Constant tension headaches anyone??

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past week I have suffered from a constant headache! I have went to the doctor and he said it's a tension headache but the medicine he prescribed doesn't help very much! I have tried a lot of OTC medicine and it hasn't helped! Here are my symptoms, feels like there is a band around my head, pressure like with pain behind eyes and scalp and down my neck! I go to bed with it and wake up with it! I have been diagnosed with anxiety but I didn't know that these headaches can last so long! Makes me think the worst case scenario! I had a CT of my head about 4 months ago but I'm so anxious that I believe something could have changed within that 4 months! I am only 22 years old. Any suggestions? Should I see another doctor?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Usually anxiety have many physical symptoms like headahe dizziness hand feets numbness heart beat like rocket . and back pain stomach disturb try to control your anxiety and sleep more good and start anxiety medicine with minimum dose after discussing with your doctor . you will be fine remember its not antibiotic medicine which cure the infection. It takes slowly to things get settle down don't worry . the more you worry the more you will be panic .and I bet all your MRI CT scan will be fine . so just start with minimum. Dose of alprazolam 0.125 mg
  • Posted

Hi Kelsey, I too get tension headaches daily, I am on 50mg sertraline which does help but I find you have to relax too help alleviate the symptoms. You need totally believe there is nothing wrong with your head, once you've been checked out. I find that meditation and deep breathing can alleviate the headaches, maybe give a try. There are plenty of guided meditations on you tube. Sleep well, eat well and try and enjoy life, make sure you take time for yourself to excercise or relax. I hope things get better soon
  • Posted

Headaches stink. Most people with anxiety in any form get headaches. Try drinking lots of water with a little lemon it. Even a gatorade or two. Dehydration is huge cause of headaches.exercise helps a lot as well.
  • Posted

I suffer with chronic tension headaches but don't believe that it's that but this might put your mind at rest, I had a ct scan in June and all was normal, I then had one last week after a fall and again no change its very rare for there to be a change in that short length of time apparently, it's your mind making things worse hun try and relax, I've just started taking narproxin for my headaches as they have been daily and horrendous it's helped relax some of the muscles x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.