Constant tight stomach

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a few issues going on at the minute, been a few months, doctor put me on setralin five weeks ago, but my stomach is so tight, I can't seem to un tense it, and sometimes my whole body tenses up, and I have to intense it, I've tried breathing execises, I am on the waiting list for councelling, Does anyone else get this

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen ... I too suffer with anxiety and it effects my stomach, it's like I tense it in all the time as if someone is pushing on it which causing pain and tightness in my belly and chest. Not sure if this is the same as you but sounds similar ? I find i do it more with the more stress I am under. I notice and try to stop but I can't!
    • Posted

It feels like I've done a million sit ups, sometimes when I'm at work or really concentrating on something I realise it wasn't there for a short time, I could understand if it was just there when I feel my Anxietys , but it's all the time, doctor gave me some sleeping pills but not many, I don't know whether to up my setralin, do you take any thing for it 
    • Posted

No I don't the docs did give me some tablets but I had a reaction to them so had to come off and I have been worse since! But I am on the list for CBT so fingers crossed that helps as it's taking over my life! Have you tried meditating?
    • Posted

No but a few people have told me about it. I've ordered the Paul McKenna book with CD which is meant to be good so I'm going to try that!
    • Posted

Lol I will prob be walking around in a trance hipmatised 😝
  • Posted

Hi I fell sorry for you. Ok have you ever tried reflexology? Its working with the hands on feet and is very good for stress. Or have you tried lavendar oil in  base oiil? Gently massage into your stomach area.  I know the feeling. I have had a major op and got very upset weeks & months before hand. Please dont give up regards Amanda
  • Posted

Winnie143 karen87871 • 5 minutes agoHiya Karen xx

Hope you are well, just try and relax remember Blue air inhale ..calm

Red air exhale.. anger and horrid thoughts xx

My Yoga for today ha ha xx  

Be Well xx

Win xx

• Posted

I'm like a bus you never see me then 2 posts similar come along together ha ha

XXXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.