Constant tinnitus

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been suffering with depression for a fee months now ans have been on a few different meds. I am currently on Venlafaxine and the only side effect after 11 weeks on it is tinnitus. It's a constant buzzing in my head that does not go away and I feel anxious now to go to bed because of that. I have tried relaxing and quiet music at bed time but it's not really helping. Should I switch to a different antidepressant? It's horrible and not helping my depression at all!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ala. I've had Tinnitus for a number of years, i wasn't sure what it was just a constant ringing, my doctor sent me to our hearing clinic where i discovered Tinnitus.

Since then I've had a number of tests and now i wear two hearing aids, but i still have the Tinnitus.

It's recognizing that your not going daft and that you will overcome this through retraining mind in how to deal with this.

Go back to your doctor and make an appointment, you do not need anymore medication.

I've had Shell Shock for 45 years now and dealing with that has brought me to where i am now, so don't worry.

John

• Posted

Hi Ala. I've had Tinnitus for a number of years, i wasn't sure what it was just a constant ringing, my doctor sent me to our hearing clinic where i discovered Tinnitus.

Since then I've had a number of tests and now i wear two hearing aids, but i still have the Tinnitus.

It's recognizing that your not going daft and that you will overcome this through retraining mind in how to deal with this.

Go back to your doctor and make an appointment, you do not need anymore medication.

I've had Shell Shock for 45 years now and dealing with that has brought me to where i am now, so don't worry.

John

• Posted

Hi John, have seen a doc and I will be weaned off VENLAFAXINE as it triggered tinnitus and I WILL be put on SERTRALINE. Thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.