Constant unbalance feeling/head pressure/tingling/dizziness/shortness of breath. Very scared, help.

Posted , 19 users are following.

For the past few weeks I have constant anxiety and nothing really cools me down. Im scared to death. The main thing I worry about is that something is seriously wrong with me and that I might have brain tumor or something like that. The doctors told me that im organically very healthy person (they checked my lungs, my blood, heart, head etc.), but im soo scared because they made mistakes in the past and that is the main reason I am anxious and I think that they are missing something out. Now I just can't calm myself down because I don't know if anxiety is really the only thing that is doing me all these things. I can be a bit more nervous or sometimes less but I am rarely completely calm. They are also sending me to MRI, but I have to wait for couple of months. They said that they are pretty sure that there is nothing wrong, but that they will send me, so that I can cool down and also "just in case" there is something wron with my brain.They are pretty positive everything is alright with me.

I have almost constant unbalance feeling while im walking. I have feeling like somebody is pushing me... Sometimes forwards, sometimes backwards, sometimes left... Usually it increases when I walk for longer amount of times, but not always. This happens even when im almost calm (I've been very rarely calm for the past few weeks). But on other hand I walk completely straight.

I have head pressure (not extremely strong) and not in the same location all the time. The pressure increases if I stand up and walk, but sometimes decreases if I jog. Almost every single time it decreases when I sit down for longer period of time. It is also true that I sometimes become more nervous when I start walking because I know that the pressure will increase.. but idk...

Sometimes I have very weird tingling feeling in my chest (near heart usually) and sometimes stomach, but the feeling feels good  (like butterflies in stomach). I experience this feeling usually when I calm myself down (rarely...)

I am also dizzy, but I think a bit less then I used to be. I also have feeling like im going to faint in few seconds, but never actually happens.

I also have constant shortness of breath. I feel like I don't get enough air. The results showed that my lungs are healthy and that I have enough oxygen in my blood.

I just can't completely calm myself down, because if I sit my symptoms are usually not soo strong and I constantly think about my health (still normal for anxiety?). I try to live healthy life. I eat pretty healthy and I also love doing sports. Well i used to do a lot of sports, but now I usually get very nervous because I think im going to faint if I do it and I become very dizzy. 

I just feel hopeless, because I don't know if anxiety is really a thing that is making me all these things and I can't stop worrying something is organically wrong with me. Is there really nothing to worry about ? Even if get calmer the symptoms are not necessarily going to be lighter. The symptoms are more are less all constant (maybe not when I sleep). If I knew it is 100% just anxiety I would probably be able to calm myself down. 

2 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I think when you went to your doc, you didn't tell him or her just how over the top this has gotten. The head is the problem.You are always in a state of angst. It is anxiety that has you feeling this way. Sounds so familiar. I had anxiety and panic for years and I was a mess. I knew I was checking out. Then I woke up one day and thought my head was going to burst. I had dizzyness, and was so light headed that I thought I was going to pass out constantly. How your able to run or play sports is a miracle. I think you are having anxiety with tension headache. Tension headaches when combined with anxiety is the worst. I act like I know because of suffering with this for 8 years and 2 neurologist later,MRI and cat scan. makes me a pro.This will not go away by itself,and you will suffer for a long time if you don't get  proactive with this. Call your doc immediately and tell them you are having major anxiety and you head is a mess. This is interfaring with your life. please get on anxiety meds right away.If it doesn't take it completely away, then go right back. Keep doing that till head get's right and you are not feeling anxious. I am on 60mg of Cymbalta, and 20 mg of ambitriptyline. I am completely better. Will be on these  forever, which is fine with me.Now at some point if these would stop working then I will go to another. What ever works I say. You can do this, and you will be a happyguy,I promise

• Posted

Actually I did tell all of this to my docs so they advised me to try sports again as I really love sports and it might help me out. They also advised me to visit a psychiatrist. Thanks for your reply! You're awesome wink

• Posted

I don't think I knew you were not on any meds. In a nutshell, because Kimberly said it all so very well, the very first thing all of us need to do is get some relief so we can even think straight. That rrelief is an anti anxiety med. Many people have to try a few before the right one is found. I was lucky first time out, but had to go back to the doctor twice to up the dose. Now it is perfect. What a relief. I thought I would die or go crazy before I finally went to urgent care at the clinic. Again I was very lucky. I was seen quickly and diagnosed quickly. Please do yourself the best favor of your life. See your doctor. And, let us know what is happening and how you are doing. We all care. Hugs to you, Happyguy.

• Posted

Thanks ! My doctors recommended me to visit a psychiatrist so he/she can determine the dose and help me out. Till then I do have some natural meds that help me a little bit with the anxiety. I try to do some sports and try to do some breathing techniques. Thanks again for everything smile

• Posted

Once you get on an anti anxiety med you will feel less panicked, so will be able to help yourself (and others) get through this.

As you have read from all these people who care, there are many ways to ease, handle and control what's going on in your head and body. There comes a time we tell ourselved THAT'S ENOUGH!

That's the point at which I went to urgent care, got the meds I needed and started taking my life back. Breath control, thought control, panic control, etc. taking my life back...and finding my self again.

You are on the right path, and ultimately your future is in your own hands...with help from every one of us here who have been, or still are where you are now. This is an extraordinarily helpful, caring, selfless group of angels. Look forward to the day that you are here answering other peoples questions and encouraging them with your understanding of where they are...just as you are being encouraged now. Sending a huge hug.

• Posted

Hi Happyguy,

I know from personal experience how frustrating you symptoms can be. It's like no one understands you. I've been there and want you to know that no one ever died from anxiety or panic attacks. You may feel like fainting and some do but it is self corrective. You may feel shortness of breath but no worry because your lungs work on their own and you are getting plenty of air to breathe. What's important though is to fin out hats causing your depression/anxiety which leads to panic attacks eventually. Some experts believe it's reserved depressed feelings, and or guilt , some believe it's chemical imbalance, whichever one it is that is making you feel this way, there is help for it. 

As long as you primary doctor cleared you medically then your only option is visit with a psychiatist and see if some prescribed meication for your symptoms helps. Just remember Psych. medications do not work right away, most takes about 2-3 weeks to work. They build up in your system slowly but once you reach the level you will feel brand new. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks a lot for the advice !  I will definitely seek for professional help smile

• Posted

Hey there everybody. So, I want to share the program that helps me the most with my anxiety. It is "Panic away" by Joe Barry. The program has a very unique way of facing anxiety and since I've been using it I feel more relaxed and I can stop my panic attacks easily. Take a look at it online it might help anybody.

Still, what usually makes me anxious again is that the symptoms are still there. I saw small improvement in unbalance feeling and felt a bit less dizzy and felt less like im gonna faint just aftet one day. All of my other symptoms are still there and this really makes me very anxious sometimes again.

I think I have general anxiety disorder. Again, I heard that if you have GAD for some time that it can take quite some time to fully recover. Can anybody confirm this ? I have almost constant symptoms.

• Posted

I am late to the discussion but just found this online.  I am suffering with many of the same things you explained and I know how scary it can be. 

​I wanted to share a small success I have had doing accupuncture.  It has eliminated the dizziness that I was feeling.  I have severe muscle tension in my neck and shoulders and this is increased by anxiety and the fact that I sit at a computer all day.  I was having dizziness that I can best describe as constantly feeling off-balance when I stood or walked.  After a few sessions of accupuncture, the dizziness went away.  My provider explained that when you have muscle tension, it impeeds even blood flow and can cause the dizzy feeling.  Accupuncture can help to get the blood flowing evenly again, relieving the symptoms.  My insurance program (Kaiser) covered it as well. 

​It might be worth a try for those having the same symptoms. 

• Posted

Thanks a lot for sharing this. I will definitely consider it !
  • Posted

All of you gals and guys are awesome supporters on here. I know happy guy will get so much help from caring ones like yall
    • Posted

Hi mate just had a good read through your post, I was diagnosed ibs a few week ago and I was worrying so much about it being something more serious, I think I have developed an anxiety disorder out of nowhere and now I'm constantaly dizzy like a head rush buzz kind of feeling and every now and then I get really lightheaded, I've now found out I have high blood pressure 150/100 so I've now started meds for that and waiting to find out about the dizzyness, but what u described is what I've been feeling, hate feeling like this, how are you feeling now? Any news?

Regards

Nathan

• Posted

Hey ! Sorry for late reply.

Many symptoms are less frequent now. Off balance feeling, dizziness really rare now (happens here and there but definitely not a constant thing ) Shortness of breath is the one that stayed with me. I still have problems being anxious and hopeless.

• Posted

No need to apologise, the last few days my dizzy light headed stuff has got less frequent, the anxiety tho kicks in at any time and now when working it feels like I can always feel my heart beating, weird feeling but just getting on with it
    • Posted

If it gets out of control seeking for help is a great thing to help with anxiety. I really hope you get well soon smile

• Posted

I'm really trying to fight it with out meds and got some advice regarding hypnosis which I'm following up, anxiety is a crazy thing that 6 weeks ago didn't even exist in my world, now it's trying to control it sad hope your well too m8

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.