Constant uncomfortable feeling in stomach - stomach ulcer?

Posted , 5 users are following.

for a few months now i have had this empty, hollow feeling near the top of my stomach. It feels like gas and i have been producing quite a lot of gas but I don't feel like this is the problem. Antacids seem to help for a short period of time but the uncomfortable feeling returns soon after. It is not painful, just more annoying feeling. I have tried cutting out certain foods but doesn't seem to make a difference. Could it be a stomach ulcer?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna

I've had similar issues. I've experienced a gradual and increasingly uncomfortable gnawing ache (sometimes could be described as burning) in my upper middle abdomen. My early symptoms were heartburn and reflux prior to the ache dominating the area. My Dr put me on the H Pylori treatment and afterwards my heartburn was gone but the ache remained and seemed to get worse. Everything I've been able to research suggests peptic/duodenal ulcer and I'm waiting on some tests to be done to learn more.

I had started Keto a month ago but have been finding most fatty foods aggravate my symptoms so have set that aside for now. Am contemplating devising a bland diet to see if that will help as well as taking some OTC H2 pills (Pepcid) until the medicals come to their conclusion and put me on a pill program.

Hope you have had some resolution in your situation.

• Posted

Foods will not make a difference when already dealing with infections, foods can decrease and increase symptoms, but naturally digestive infections, and ulcers, will go through antibiotics of some kind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.