Constant unexplained loose stool and weird symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

The best place to start is about a year ago when I had constant lose stool for many months straight. After a visit to the GP, my coeliac antibody blood tests came back positive. After an endoscopy from a good doctor this came back to be a false positive which I am confident is correct as gluten does not seem to be the cause. All other test such as liver function where okay with inflammation markers a bit high. I also had a colonoscopy to rule out other conditions.

Not only was the stool lose but light in colour, which I would describe as a light green to yellow. This continued with the loose stool for another year.

More recently I have changed up my diet which has seemed to help, but the stools are not solid but patchy in colour with darker segments and lighter parts (more healthy colour overall). A few months back I noticed a few of my hairs where turning grey on the top of my head which makes no sense as I am early 20s and does not seem to follow genetics in my family. More worryingly, my urine has turned darker and in the past few months, and very foamy. I have had my urine protein levels and kidney function checked which came back normal.

For the last few weeks almost every time I urinate it's very foamy which takes a while to dissipate. I also seem to be loosing weight despite eating enough calories but still with a normal BMI. I am extremely confused with my symptoms and was hoping someone could give me some suggestions. Thanks all.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry about grey hair; this doesn't mean anything.I started going grey at 25 and yet my mum had blue black hair well into her 40s. Do you have any abdominal pain that moves about? Do you notice if any foods in particular cause loose stools? Has IBS been mentioned?

• Posted

The weird thing is, as I got my diarrhea under control I have not noticed any more grey hairs coming through. You are probably right though. I have no abdominal pain at all, and IBS is definitely something I have considered. Its just the foods that seem to set if off I used to be able to eat every day with no issue at all.

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary to see what foods are causing you trouble? If you know what foods are the culprit, avoid those foods. The grey hair just sounds like a coincidence.

• Posted

Get the opinion of at least 2 more gastroenterologists and see if any concur.

• Posted

Loose stools often occur after eating, but can also happen at other points in the day. When loose stools occur consecutively on multiple occasions throughout a day, this is described as diarrhea.

However, loose stools can occur chronically and may require treatment. This article will outline potential causes and treatments for loose stools.

Fast facts on loose stools:

1. A loose stool is a term used to describe stools that are more watery and soft than usual.
    2. Occasional diarrhea is not usually a cause for concern.
    3. Loose stools can have a range of different causes, but most cases are relatively harmless.
  • Posted

I have just been diagnosed with BAM, Bile Acid Malabsorption after having the same symptoms as you. I had a Sehcat test which was positive for BAM.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.