Constant upper back pain for 4 yrs

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi! Im 20 yrs old. And I got this backpain and some neurological problems. My muscle hurts, sore and feel tired all the time. My right leg has atrophy and feels weird to walk. Im feeling this for 4 yrs. Constant. Doesn't stop. Doesn't Go. Im scared that i have a tumor or cancer. sad Anyone felt this before? sad 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

P.S. i can tell the exact location of the back pain. It's been going nonstop for 4 yrs. 

• Posted

Well if you had a tumor or cancer you would probably be dead after 4 years so I doubt it's that.

What does your doctor say?  x

• Posted

Same thoughts! I think it started when I had a cluster headache which made me nuts and ordered a mri of the brain. It was cleared. But, i had these symptoms already back then. But i thought it may be just a result anxiety and stress. I also have this pain in my lower right abdomen. I can touch a lump like in my abdomen but it doenst grow. And I can say and tell that the lump is not the one that causes pain. Since when i touch the lump or try to squeeze or put pressure on it. It doenst hurt. But when i put pressure on other region, i can feel the pain. To summarize, i have these symptoms for 4 yrs. Didnt consult the doctor again after my mri scan. Was dismissed as anxiety back then since my mri is cleared. Thanks!
  • Posted

You don't mention seeing a doctor? The pain you are experiencing could be anything A to Z and a catscan and MRI might help identify the issue. In 4 years, I'm assuming you've been to several doctors and they come up with nothing? Atrophy in a leg is normal with half the population in this world. 

Please provide us with more information and we'll all be happy to give you our opinions. It's very difficult to read someone has been suffering with pain four years but doesn't offer any medical history.

• Posted

! I think it started when I had a cluster headache which made me nuts and ordered a mri of the brain. It was cleared. But, i had these symptoms already back then. But i thought it may be just a result anxiety and stress. I also have this pain in my lower right abdomen. I can touch a lump like in my abdomen but it doenst grow. And I can say and tell that the lump is not the one that causes pain. Since when i touch the lump or try to squeeze or put pressure on it. It doenst hurt. But when i put pressure on other region, i can feel the pain. To summarize, i have these symptoms for 4 yrs. Didnt consult the doctor again after my mri scan. Was dismissed as anxiety back then since my mri is cleared. Thanks!
  • Posted

We humans always want an answer to why we hurt. And rightly so, if finding what makes us hurt will help us find a way to fix the problem so the pain will go away. But there comes a time when we need to stop trying to find out how it started and concentrate on ways to help relieve the pain. I think you need to start out by seeing a neurologist that specializes in backs. He/she will order an MRI of your back which could reveal bulging or herniated disks, degenerative disc disease and other soft tissue problems that can causes pain. A regular X-ray can not do this. But even if he see the problem he may then recommend surgery to fix it. However back surgery does not have great results. In fact there is only about a 50% chance that it will relieve your pain for more the  2 years. And of the remaining 50% some of those will have what's called "failed back surgery syndrome" which means you now are in worse condition then you were before surgery. So for now I think you should see the doctor and start some physical therapy. You might also want to invest in a TENS unit. They cost about $30 (US currency) on Amazon. They help a lot of people, including me. Also try using ice or heat whichever feels best. Or you can alternate which is what I do. Good luck to you. I hope you get this resolved.

• Posted

Hi thank you! Im kinda scared to go to a doctor. sad But once i gained courage, ill will directly go to one. Thanks again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.