Constant urethral sting and UTI after unprotected anal sex. How long until it heals?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So recently I made a huge mistake. About a month ago my boyfriend and I (gay, 24yo) had sex without condom and with little lubrication. I did the penetration and it sucked after we finished.

My whole glans and prepuce were bloody red, burning and all. As it was not enough, I washed my penis with soap and it made everything worse.

Two weeks ago, while my glans were slowly healing from the trauma, I started feeling the awful sensation to urinate frequently. So the GP gave me Nitrofurantoin and I used it for 5 days, with zero improvement. Then he prescribed Ciprofloxacin for another 7 days, and it started to get better. But now I developed a urethral discomfort.

I went to an urologist, he told me it could be a STI. So he gave me an urinary antiseptic medication for me to use orally and also azithromycin 1g unique dose. Also, he prescribed an ointment for my glans to heal its ulcers.

So, now its been 2 weeks since the first antibiotic treatment and I can see improvements. However, my urethra is kind of sore and I feel discomfort when squeezing my dick and laying down over my bladder and penis.

I have no discharge, no bad smell, it does not hurt when I pee, nothing at all. But the dull sting in the urethra waxes and wanes. Some days I get almost symptom free, and other days I need analgesics to sleep.

How long does it take for it to heal? Does it seem like a damage to the urethra? My urine flow is normal and all. It is just this feeling which bothers me. Its been more than a month without sex and masturbation now. I just can't help getting a boner when I am sleeping, but it doesn't hurt either.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.