Constant urge to urinate /Bladder pressure on one side?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been experiencing these symptoms for over a year now. I'm female. I'm scared to go to the doctors in fear that they'll fob me off and tell me there's nothing wrong with me like they do so many other people. I have the constant urge to urinate and pressure on my bladder/urethra on the right side of my pelvis only as if something's squashing it on that side specifically? It gets worse when I drink anything. I'm just in constant discomfort and pain. I know it's not a UTI as I've had UTI's before and it felt nothing like this, it's not painful nor does it burn when I actually do urinate, I just always have the sensation. It's getting to the point where it's affecting my every day life, work, relationships and I just feel completely lost and miserable, I'm practically housebound apart from when I'm forced to go to work. My pelvis feels really tight on that side as if I'm constantly tensing my muscles involuntarily.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Do please go and see a doctor . If you have had this for a year or more and its affecting your life and making you miserable then its time to act. Can you print out what you have written here so you have a crib sheet of what to say? Sometimes we are so convinced we will be told "its nothing" that we lose heart before we start to say anything. Then we start to think too much and it gets out of control with anxiety adding to our problems, which often can make the original problem even more difficult to deal with.

It may be something quite simple that an examination and a few tests can sort out, but it would be foolish for anyone on here to try and give you a diagnosis. Take a small urine sample with you.

Dont know what sort of work you do, but do you normally enjoy your job? and want to do it?

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response. I'm definitely going to bite the bullet and contact the doctors ASAP because I just can't carry on like this. My doctors have not been very supportive in the past over other health issues hence why I'm so hesitant to go to them. I really do think stress and anxiety play a part in my issue, I'm stressed because I'm in pain which makes me stress even more that it's not going away, it's a viscious cycle I just can't relax at all. Then whenever I leave the house I stress that there wont be a toilet nearby. It's funny that you say that because I'm actually really unhappy in my job at the moment and have been for a while, I work with children and as much as I do love and care about the kids, I'm finding that the job is just not for me anymore. It's just so stressful and I work 10 hour days with only a 30 minute break all day, it's a lot as I already have a B-12 Deficiency so I'm just so tired all the time.

• Posted

I asked about your job as sometimes the buried worries and anxieties can give us real physical symptoms. Is there any way you could find another job? It could be your body's way of saying "You hate that job and I'm not letting you carry on with it".

If you could give yourself a break between giving up one job and starting another that would help you a lot, I'm sure.

• Edited

I've finally spoken to and seen the doctor! She fit me in straight away earlier today which was great. She did vaginal swabs on me and a urine sample which have been sent off although I'm sure it's not a UTI but just to definitely rule the basics out first, and booked me in for a pelvic ultrasound which is a great first step forward. Although she did mention that the waiting list is long, which is slightly disheartening but expected with covid-19, I've waited all this time so what's a while longer I guess. I agree that anxiety can give real physical symptoms and it's definitely something I've experienced in the past, I'm not sure if it's the cause of these symptoms specifically but I definitely think stress and anxiety make it worse for sure. I'm starting to look for new jobs this week too, I need to get back in control of my life and eliminate any added stress factors that's weighing on top of this problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.