Constant urinary burning from kidney stone

Posted , 2 users are following.

This all started 3 months ago. I thought i was passing another kidney stone (passed a few before). Dealt with the horrific pain for a few hours then it went away.

I got uti symptoms after (Ive had utis before after passing stones). I took an antibiotic but the uti symptoms didnt go away. I went to the dr for urine tests and no infection showed up. But i was still constantly needing to pee and burning all the time.

I went to my urologist. The stone we knew i had had grown to 10mm. So he said i needed lithotripsy.

I had lithotripsy done 3 days ago. He said he busted it up perfectly and I'd pass fragments with no pain.

I am passing tiny pieces and having no flank pain (thank God). But I still feel like a have a uti. It burns constantly in my urethra area, not just when I pee.

Has anyone had uti symptoms for months from a kidney stone? I am worried something else is causing this and I will need yet another expensive procedure to figure it out.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am much the same get a burning sensation when I wee, but the last urine specimen said no infection, I am having a ultra sound on Sunday, because sometimes I get a sort of noise when I wee, a friend told me she was told by the urologist that you can get this feeling a burning sensation but you dont have urine infection.

I also had the burning sensation like you all of the time, also had a burning sensation in my bladder area, very strange.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.