Constant vertigo for 5 years please help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm an 17 year old male and I have suffered from vertigo/dizziness for 5 years I get no relief I always feel vertigo some days it's like I'm on a boat others like I'm on a Rollercoaster it has ruined my life i leave my parents house only a couple times a year to go to the doctors my symptoms are

-constant vertigo which gets worse with movement

-pressure in ear and sinus during bad days/attacks

-wet feeling in ear during attacks

-can't focus eyes during attacks

-sharp pain and soreness in ear

-crunching sound in ear

-lots of sinus headachs

Has anyone here ever delt with this? Any help would be appreciated

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You poor thing!   I'm sure you've tried everything under the sun......  Some of it sounds like regular sinus issues.  Do you take any sinus meds?  WhenI start to feel "swimmy" in the head, I take an allergy pill and that gets rid of most of the symptoms.

Going to a chiropractor also helped me out a bunch!   When I start to feel pressure in the back of head and it doesn't go away after a couple of days, I get an adjustment and I feel so much better afterwards.

Everyone here is very helpful.  I'm sure someone will have some adivce. 

• Posted

Oh my gosh,how awful. I feel so sorry for you.

Firstly, are you seeing an ENT consultant and if not, why not..It isn't something I've had but there must be something someone can do, you need your ears scanned for sure. Push your go if they are not cooperating.

You are too young for this to affect you life

• Posted

Hi Brenen,your not alone I have all the above symptoms and been off work 3 weeks now,it started 5 months ago on and off but now its ruined my life as its there 24/7 ,in 32 and got two kids and I can't even take them to the park,I hate been alone as I get anxious when I have a bad dizzy attack,Ive just been given a new tablet called serc and its helping a little bit,have you had a MRI scan?I'm waiting for one as no one knows what's wrong with me ,take care lisa
  • Posted

Hi Brian. We're here to support you. You could be dealing with multiple issues that are affecting you. You do need to find a good ENT that you can trust. Weather can have a great influence on your dizziness and medication can help with that. Plus you mention sinus issues on a regular basis. I had nose surgery 5 years ago to correct a deviated septum because it was causing sinus infections and ear infections. I saw a big difference after that. As hard as it sounds, you need to figure out how to keep moving...even though lying safely in bed may seem better...it isn't. Good luck and keep us posted. 
    • Posted

Sorry Brenen. I didn't realize my auto correct changed your name. Is the crunching in your ear constant or intermittent? 
  • Posted

What testing have they done so far? My instinct says get vestibular testing from an ENT stat! If those tests all come back clean then have a chiro do x rays. Im so sorry you are going througb this, dizziness when you are standing or walking or driving is so scary. im praying for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.