Constant vomiting

Posted , 6 users are following.

It all started a month ago when I threw up one night , it then kept happening every night but was only a little bit so I went to the doctor who said it's probably a stomach bug and to see if it'll clear up . In the meantime the vomiting got worse and wast week I was unable to keep most meals down and on Sunday I was unable to keep anything down . I find that water is even harder to keep down . My doctor prescribed cyclizine and omaprazole , they worked well the first day and I only threw up once but the next day the vomiting was back , it's not as acidic but I'm still throwing up . My symptoms are Nausea , vomiting, stomach discomfort, bloating and loss of appetite . Has anyone any ideas what this could be and what to do ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Get an appointment for endoscopy, and insists on biopsy taking, meantime try small small solid meals and nuts
  • Posted

I personally get some nausea but I'm never actually sick I'm ibs c and do get bad tummy pain esp right sided bloating I'd a lot worse after a bm have you had any tests ?

• Posted

Hi Sophie  my hubby has been like this for a few weeks  he finally went to doctors and they think it could be hpylori a bug thats in the stomach   he had to take a stool sample in  if it comes back positive he will have strong antibiotics.  i Have also had hpylori few years ago  although i wasnt being sick   i felt sick,   and stomach discomfort  after the treatment i was fine,  if your no better soon i would go back to your gps.  hope your feeling better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.