Constant weird leg pain. Please help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and I would really appreciate some advice.

Three weeks ago I flew long haul, and a few days later noticed a pain in my legs. Long story short, it hasn't stopped, although it comes and goes it still is here. It's better some days and some its unbearable. Better when I stand and bad when I sit or lie. The pain is electric feeling, but also achy. When I touch the area of the leg, it feels like a bruise. There's no discoloration or swelling, but the leg goes colder during the pain then normal when it passes. and every day the pain moves. One day in my right back of thigh, one in front of ankle, one left front of thigh, one shin, inner left thigh towards groin (that was bad)

Also I have had pain in ovaries (sorry if tmi) and my left buttock AND lower back!

What I have done so far:

As soon as I came back to Europe, I got checked for dvt and pe. That was my initial concern- but after ultrasound and d dimer everything was fine.

I have been to the gynecologist as well, who found a small infection in the uterus. The pain during the ultrasound was horrible. She gave me antibiotics which I have just started.

The gp I saw wasn't too concerned when I went (around a week ago) and said come back if it doesn't clear up.

Please, any ideas? Could this leg pain which is so upsetting be because of an infection.. I am getting so worried. (I'm 23 by the way)

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

sorry i miss read your post . seems you have been checked for clots

any chance it could be siatica thats the longest nerve in the body if that gets trapped it hurt straight down your back buttocks and into your toes.

• Posted

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I thought that too, because it's literally everywhere. Do u know if an infection in the uterus could trigger that? I don't know how close they are but I do know sciatic nerve is super sensitive
    • Posted

i wouldnt have thought so but sitting a long time puts a lot of presure on the siatic nerve . iv known people go to bed and wake up in the morning unable to move with the pain just from lying wrong. 

if you have definatly been cleared of a clot .which is the most worring i would say it is a possiable reason but i am not a medical person . try getting some magneisum flakes and soaking iin the bath see if this helps

but if you worried still go back to the doctors eek

• Posted

no probs the body is a bit of a bugger when it goes wrong aint hun .eek
    • Posted

Or transdermal magnesium chloride, which you spray on the skin so that it's better absorbed by the body.
  • Posted

Dear Sarah,

GP is not too concerned. Come back if . . . Remember the GP goes home in the evening has supper, watches TV etc. You go home with your condition still undiagnosed and untreated. The GP has signalled to you that the initiative is with YOU. Keep up the pressure on your GP. Keep notes of your symptoms and any little changes. Refer to your notes when withh the GP. 

I wish i could suggest anything new. It sounds so like DVT. At 23 you should not have unexplained pains that are not significant. I am not sure that that isn't true at 74 as well. Keep researching and keep pressing GP. 

Oh! are you taking any medicines for other conditions? Just keep thinking 'outside the box'.

• Posted

Hi Sarah and my Doc smile

I have severe pain in my back and both my legs.  What it sounds like to me is the Sciatica.  Sciatica refers to pain that radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve — which branches from your lower back through your hips and buttocks and down each leg.  The pain can stay in the upper part of the leg and stop then pick back up in the ankle then toes...or it can go all the way down the leg.

DVT's usually is very painful in one area that the problem exists.  I too had DVT's after back surgery and that led to bi-lateral pulmonary embolisms.  I had a huge bruise where the clot was.  I felt it go through my groin one night then the next night I felt the pain in the other groin.  I thought it was referred pain from the pelvic area where the doctors took bone to graft to my spine.  Turned out it wasn't and they were very surprised that I had bi-lateral and actually  lived through it, especially since it happened at my home.  

Okies, off the subject.  I'd go and see a neurologist if this keeps up.  They can help with many different ways...ie: pain injections, therapy, etc...but that's the route I'd go.

Good luck and I'm sorry you're dealing with all that pain!

Warm regards,

Frustrated smile

• Posted

Hi Sarah and Frustrated,

I have found Siatica unlike any other pain I have. Severe, yes, very but sharp, lightinglike, thin, straight, shooting all bundled together. O it is so difficult to describe pain. But there are different sorts. Doctors seem reluctant to use desciptions. They rely on severity. Maybe our descriptions are too variable, even misleading.

• Posted

Hi sarah, I know this was posted two years ago, but did you ever get to the bottom of this pain?

I am currently going through the same pain, I've had it for two months now and can't even touch my legs without wanting to cry, it's so painful and my doctor didn't seem worried about it.

Thanks for any help you have.

• Posted

I have the same pain right now just upper leg everywhere but weak and sore not shooting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.