Constant Yeast Infections

Posted , 3 users are following.

So i've been getting yeast infections before my period for the last couple of months. The yeast infections pills.cure from the drug store clear it up, but it keeps coming back a couple of days before each period! What do I do?! Why do you think this is?/How do I stop it from coming back! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Check out coconut oil for yeast infections, you want the organic extra virgin one, lots of info online.

• Posted

Recurrent thrush due to the change in hormone levels just before your period is quite common. I had it around 5 years ago. The only way to stop it is to change your diet  - the yeast that causes thrush feeds on sugar or anything sweet (including artificial sweeteners). You need to cut out all sugary foods, including foods with naturally occurring sugars (fruit) and any food containing yeast (bread ... soda bread or sour dough bread is fine) and take anti fungal suppliments for two weeks. Then you can gradually reintroduce naturally occurring sugars. I found that if I started eating anything with added sugar the thrush came back so I have eaten nothing with added sugar or sweeteners for 5 years (no cakes, biscuits, chocolate, sugary cereals, fizzy drinks, sweets). Recently I started allowing myself high % dark chocolate (80-85% cocoa). I also eat very little bread with yeast - I mainly eat sourdough bread. I still take anti fungal supplements daily, but I have reduced the number because it was getting expensive. Here are the natural anti fungal supplements I just tablet form: cinnamon, oregano oil, thyme, rosemary, pre and probiotics, caprylic acid (found in coconut oil), garlic, Resveratrol, pau d’arco. Also lemon verbena tea. Pau d’darko is also available in tea form. I also take a 150mg fluconazole capsule prophylactically once a month. You need to be strict with yourself and stick to this regime or you will not beat the yeast. I hadn’t had thrush for several months and foolishly thought I was better so started eating cake and drinking coke - and I got thrush. So I started again with the diet and, like I said, still have a sugar free and kargely yeast free diet. Humans don’t need to eat sugar anyway, it has no nutritional value and is bad for us.

• Posted

Ya I've read a lot about diet on line - I already don't eat any processed sugars at all and follow a gluten free diet - maybe its from the fruit? I'll try a super stict diet though and hopefully that will help! Do you take all of those pills at once, or are those just some examples of the ones I could take? Thanks so much for your help though! I've been desperate! 

• Posted

At the start I took all of them! Have cut down a bit now though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.