Constantly feel like something is wrong with my heart!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm a 24 year old male used to smoke and drink 2 or 3 times a week.

Lately for the past 6 months or so I constantly live in fear of having a heart attack. I have chest pains all the time that are stabbing mostly on left side and I get lightheaded and nauseous. I basically don't like doing anything anymore because of the way I feel the palpitations drive me nuts. I've had blood work EKGs chest x-rays you name it and all came back fine. I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety but I'm praying that's all it is, but who knows.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? It's destroying me ive lost jobs because I get scared to do anything except lay on my couch and I want my life back. So any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Another thing I CONSTANTLY look up my symptoms on Google mean I'll look up the same thing a million times and look at all the different things that it could be and I'm tired of doing that but for some reason it gives something of a relief maybe because it's distracting idk... but this sucks.

• Posted

Hi there,

It really does sound like anxiety. I had similar experience, and it took a long time for a doctor to even mention anxiety to me, but that's all it was.

Anxiety can cause some real scary physical symptoms and it can be so debilitating. Best thing I ever did though was accept my anxiety and stop looking for other causes, once I accepted it I was able to control it a lot better and I rarely get attacks these days.

It could help to talk to your doctor about anxiety. You are round and have had all the right tests to rule the scary things out, so I'm sure this is anxiety. Hopefully you get some help with it.

• Posted

Hi. I know exactly what you mean. I went to the ER today for my heart and nothing was wrong. Ekg chest exray blood work . But I'm still googling and looking for answers I do it for hours . My anxiety is so bad I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack . I have pain in my left side... I don't know

• Posted

Hello, I really think it's just anxiety. I recently went to the ER 3 days in a row because I had the most horrible migraine. Since I had never experience it before I could not believe I had a migraine. It got to the point that I started having anxiety attacks. I really believe that something much worse was going on with my body. The last doctor I saw at the ER said it was a migraine and the rest of my symptoms were due an anxiety attack.But until I listened what was going on I was not able to help myself. I got me a vitamin b shot and it's actually helping, besides other things I'm doing to take care of myself. You need to control your mind and have posits thoughts.

• Posted

You've had all the tests, right? Even the heart ultrasound? The heart ultrasound is the most precise and effective way of finding something wrong. It sounds to me like anxiety.. I have it myself. But if you truly think there's something wrong with your heart, get the ultrasound.

• Posted

I had a scan on my heart and it came back fine, I've had an all day ECG cane back fine. Today I randomly felt dizzy. It was a bit like a falling feeling and now I can't stop thinking I have something wrong with my brain. I'm hoping it's just my anxiety. I google every thing as well and I constantly ask people with anxiety if they feel the same to reassure me.

I'm a lot better than I have been though down to a remedy that my homeopath suggested I get. It might be worth seeing an homeopath before resorting to medication

• Posted

Hi brent it seems if you are going through anxiety because all that you describe I went through and much more anxiety is a cruel condition and is very real your mind will create all sorts of thoughts and aches and pains and symptoms you wouldnt have thought possible.Palpitations and skipped heart beats were the bain and the biggest worry oh I have had all sorts from heart attacks to cancer because this is what the symptoms can mimic and your brain tells you. you become apathic, and your thoughts become irrational. I would go back and see you gp who will help you PLEASE STAY OFF DR GOOGLE it will have you in a mental hospital if you want help come on here we are all genuine people who have gone/ are going through exactly what you are.I have found so much support and strength from this site I have come through the other end for the time being stay strong my friend  
  • Posted

Thank you so much for the replies, no I haven't had the heart ultrasound I'll mention it to my GP but I do try to stay off Google because it does make me think something is seriously wrong I mean heart attack pops up constantly and it scares me but I feel like if it was my heart something would've happened by now after all these months.

If it is anxiety, in sure everyone will agree IT SUCKS. Literally has taken over my life in constant fear that I'm dying and I'm miserable.

• Posted

A counsellor told me that, if I was "having a heart attack" I would of had one by now. Also a good thing to think is image you get to 90 and you think God I've spent my whole life worrying if I was dying. I keep telling myself to think this.

Maybe try seeing a counsellor it could help smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.