Constantly feel the urge to pee

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 43 years old, had some stomach issues due to antibiotics . I had a uti last week. I stayed on antibiotics for 2 days and started feeling the nausea, so I stopped. I took uti strip test for 3 days and it comes back negative. I don't have a burning sensation I never did, but I have this urge that I have to pee.

I'm so scared to take an antibiotic again. It's what screwed me up innje first place.

What can I do to hopefully clear this uti?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could this be a bladder infection? How would I know? Would a culture test show if it's a bladder or uti?

• Posted

The only way to get rid of a UTI is continue with a full course of antibiotics. It could be that your reaction to the one your taking is allergy to it. Call your dr ASAP tell them what your reaction to the antibiotic was and ask for another type. 

I developed ped allergies to several anti biotics . The body develops antibodies to anti biotics after taking them and this develops into a reaction you described a allergy.

easy to just call and make sure it's the Roget anti bio for the infection you have as well if they took a culture. To get it better another trip to doc to be sure your taking the right meds for the UTI infection. Change anti biotics. If it is left untreated it could end up as a kidney infection. So best to clear it up ASAP.

keep posting call your doc report your reaction to anti biotics and another type then you will be on the road to recovery.

take care😊

• Posted

Thank you for your answer.

Don't you hate when you start feeling like a nuisance? That's what I feel like.

When I had the stomach infection I was on a great amount of antibiotics. Which I think triggered my problem. The other thing is also is it hasn't been a year since that whole thing happened so now my body when it takes antibiotics.. I get a bad reaction, could be a mental thing.

I hope I did clear it. I am taking cranberry capsules. And I'm hoping it does the trick.

Waiting for the culture test to come back.

Im

• Posted

I,am currently taking antibiotics for protatitis.You may see if you can change antibiotic pills may relieve the nausea feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.