Constantly Feeling Sick?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I didn't know where to post this, so I felt like this was the closest topic. 7 years ago I got a really bad flu that made me sick to my stomach and puke for a week straight. Ever since that flu, I have been feeling sick to my stomach every morning and puking. I now take Omeprazole, but that just helps it, it doesn't fix it. I feel sick to my stomach every morning, when I get nervous/anxious, or whenever I get full. The process is I first start to feel sick to my stomach. Then I feel like as if someone is choking me (so I always pull my shirt down, when it really isn't even touching my neck). Then I start to cough a lot, and eventually throw up.

(I don't know if this is needed but I'm a male, 19, 5'7, 220 pounds)

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had a cough for over 2 years and very often had bad stomach,doctors kept trying different things in the end sent me for test, only thing found was acid reflex i.e. Lot of acid in my stomach and a flip not shutting,now on tablets and if stop taking them it returns.

I all so have  Haemochomtosis ,and a lot of people who have this are on tables for acid reflux

• Posted

Hi Brandon

Sorry to hear your not well. Do you think you may have had food poisoning? When you were sick originally.

Have you tried probiotics? This can be bit overwhelming at first if your tummy is really out of whack so you could try a good natural yogurt that contains live cultures (no sugar). If you find the yogurt helps you could then try a probiotic tablet. The ones in fridge are normally the best. They can cause some tummy upset initially ie bloating, farting etc but this should improve after about 3 or 4 days.

Eat very plain for a month mainly boiled or steamed food. Nothing fried. No spices. Plain plain plain. No alcohol and no caffeine and no chocolate. Lay of the sugar. Just give your stomach a really good rest. It's only a month.

If your not better after this come back and let us all know. We can offer more advice.

All the best

Dom

• Posted

Hi Dom,

Can you give plenty of examples of plain diet? I've been trying to eat this way but can not get past a few days. I run out of ideas for cooking. Much thanks.

CC

• Posted

It sounds more like you are having issues with youemr gall bladder. Same issues for my friend until they realized her gall bladder was full of sludge. All better when they removed it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.