Constantly feeling tired and exhausted..need your help!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have felt tired and exhausted for nearly 2 years. I struggle to do daily activities without feeling tired, and "struggling to function" I have hemiplegic migraine, hypermobility, and fibromyalgia. I plan my life out around tiredness, and can only do a certain amount of things a day because I know my fatigue will take over and I won't be able to function. For example I couldn't go to college/work, and go out with friends, on the same day because I would be too exhuatsed. I currently see a occupational therapist, and am referred to rhematology. All they have suggested is to do exercise to help with the fatigue, but I feel too tired to do this. I also struggle with "brain fog" and sometimes forget what I'm doing, or have what I call "delayed reactions" when talking to people, as if it takes me time to register what they've said before I can reply. I have read up about chronic fatigue/M.E and I'm not one to self diagnose but it seems that all the symptoms fit what I am suffering with. Does anyone else feel like this? What can I do? I have had all my bloods done, and they've come back normal, how can I get the doctors to listen to me and make them understand I'm really struggling.

Thank you to anyone he replies, it would mean a lot.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I feel your exhaustion, I'm too battling with constant fatigue and other symptoms. I struggle with daily activities and if I were going out I have to get ready in stages so that I don't feel to tired to actually get out. I posted on here a couple of days ago and I've had some good feed back. It's life deliberating and hard for people to understand unless they are going through it. I would speak to your doctor and ask for more test. I'm currently waiting for a second opinion as my neurologist is uncertain which doesn't give me much faith. I hope you get sorted.

• Posted

Thank you, Lulu it's nice knowing that there is other people out there in the same position as me! I hope you get sorted, and start feeling back to your normal self. smile

• Posted

Yours symptoms sound similar to mine. I battled Cfs for 6 years before I took my gp advice and started pacing. I used cycling as my exercise. I describe it as training to run a marathon when you can't even walk, let alone run. 2 years on and I now cycle 50 miles and 40 miles is pretty easy. 

Its been a very long long slow journey getting here with me doing all the work. Quite a few relapses along the way when I do too much. For me it's all about first working out what I can do without feeling bad the next day. Say NO to everything else. Then very,very slow start to increase activity and educate the body to start doing things again. It's hard, especially saying no all the time, but I am back to. A normal life, but I still pace myself every day. Best of luck 

• Posted

Hi wknight, I'm glad your back to yourself and that's worked for you! My occupational therapist said about pacing myself, but it sounds silly I don't know how to? I feel I hardly do anything every day as it is? Even waking up early and getting in the shower straight away, causes me problems and I end up sleeping for another 2/3 hours after. How could I go about pacing myself? Do you have any tips on what I could do?

• Posted

Get yourself a diary and write down your activities during the day i.e. 7am got up  7:15 shower 0900 sleep for 2 hrs etc    now you can see your activities. Next look at how muchh you are doing and plan rest. My GP started by telling me 30 mins rest doing absolutely nothing and then some activity. Look at activities and start to plan your day. At the start it will be mostly rest and little activity. Once you get to a level where activity causes no major sleep during the day you can very slowly start to increase activity. 

As a guide look at how people plan to run a marathon. Now they do it over say 10 weeks. We are planning to do it over a couple of years so its a very slow process. Its re-educating your body to take exercise again. The difference is we are not running a marathon we are just trying to do some simple activities. 

Once I got active I still had rules I followed. Don't do two major activites in a day or do them 2 days running, They must be spaced out. 

Hofeully this helps what its all about. 

• Posted

If there is any good news it's that you are not alone. The first problem with this condition is that others do not understand and don't recognize it as real. Most think(even some docs) it is purely psychological. Have you tried to cut out gluten and totally clean up your diet? Other than the fatigue is there stress in your life? I believe the body wants to heal but needs the right environment. Listen, I'm still struggling with this. I have good days and bad. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi joe, thank you for responding, I am so glad there are other people in the same place as me, and i'm not alone. Have you cut out gluten in your diet? what will it do if I clean up my diet? do you think it will help me? I hope you start to feel better within yourself as well, good luck. smile 

• Posted

Gluten can be just another irritant that your immune system is fighting. My belief is that it takes our bodies a long time to get into the state it's in, and sometimes it can take that long to heal. I have also done a juice (organic green)fast for 3 days and had some good results. Let me know if you want specifics on the fast. It can be very helpful but you have to know what to expect and what you are getting into. My first goal was to just become functional(i.e.) work and family and I think I'm there. I don't always feel great and try not to push it with evening activities but one step and a time.

• Posted

Hi joe, that juice fast seems very interesting and it would be worth me giving it a go, if you could send me some more details about it or the name of it and I can look it up, it will be much appreciated. Many thanks smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.