Constantly going to the bathroom, stomach pains, heartburn, dizzy, headaches

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey all,

As the title states, I am having some stomach issues that are really starting to bug me!  I have always had some sort of stomach issue most of my life, and now that I am 26, have two kids, with my youngest one being only 3 months old...I am starting to be miserable!

For the past few months I have been plagued with running to the bathroom after eating to poop.  I have stomache pains/craps when this happens.  It isn't every day, but coems and goes.  Like now..it has been going on for 2 days.  I eat, have to poop once, twice, maybe even three or more times, and have stomahc pains that go with it.  My stomach looks a little distended and my Husband said it felt a little hard.  I also have heartburn/indigestion bad.  I took Zegrid for 14 days, the 24 hour relief and it helped but, since I stopped it on Monday as that was the 14 day mark, I have been having it all the time!  Antacids work for a couple hours and then it comes back.  It isn't nearly as bad as it was before I took the Zegrid though.  I used to get it so bad I would be rolling around in such major pain and be crying.

My poop is normal, well normal for me lol  Sometimes it is yellowish looking and runny. I have gotten endoscopies/colonscopies done in the past few years with nothing being seen on them. I also get random bouts of headaches and dizziness and I jsut feel "off" all the time.

I am not sure what to take, what to try, or what to even test for as the Dr's just think I am crazy lol  But, I do no I cannot keep going on like this.  It is so bothersome and is ruining my life, and I would love to start to feel better!

If anyone needs any more information...please feel free to ask :D

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have u been tested for parasites? Not to scare or worry you ...it's more common than we know. Or food sensitivities? I'm assuming your doctor's tested you for gluten allergy?

I too have stomach issues. Most of my life....but I think mine is more anxiety related...😕

• Posted

I feel your pain and I SO hate that you are going through this too!! I have basically the same issues, except it's constant (no off days for me) and i don't get the headaches. I don't really have an answer because no one can give me one either. I've been to doctors, been hospitalized for dehydration, CT scans, Colonoscopy/Endoscopy...the works. All I can say is try not to obsess about it too much. It feels like your life is being taken over and this causes a great deal of anxiety (What to eat? Should I even eat? Nausea, etc.). I don't think you're crazy, but I do think you, like myself, could benefit from some type of anti-anxiety medication. My doctor just put me on it 2 days ago and it has helped some with the nervous stomach and the constant thinking about it. It's only normal because this disrupts your life so much. Just a thought and I'll be happy to let you know in a week or so if it has made a significant difference for me and my issues. I am not a doctor - I am just letting you know what is or isn't helping in my situation. Also, you might want to try Boost (I think it's by Nestle). It has tons of vitamins and minerals that you're likely losing each time you go to the bathroom. It just tastes like a small milkshake. Good luck and know you're not alone in this struggle. There are lots of us out there!
  • Posted

I also wanted to state that I am very tired these past two days, even with a full nights sleep! Starting to really bug me sad

My Dr said they don't test for gluten?  Which, I guess they're wrong about lol I thought it could be parasites but the Dr said I would see them in my poop (not to be nasty) and I don't.

Perhaps an anxiety medication could help me relax more since this is so draining!

• Posted

They tested me for gluten allergy when did they did a biopsy during my colonoscopy and endoscopy. Weird how they didn't do the same for you?

As for the testing for parasites....you wouldn't be able to see it.. u would have to send off ur sample to a lab to get it analyzed.

• Posted

Hi Stormylife16

Sandi is right you would not see parasites in your stool..it has to be sent to a lab for analysis..it sounds as if you have HelicobacterPylori..HPylori in short..it is a very tiny microscopic bacteria that lives in the gut and duodenum and causes dreadful stomach problems especially acid reflux and heartburn and long term causes stomach ulcers. I suggest you go back to your doc and request a stool test or breath test for HPylori....best wishes for a speedy diagnosis.....

• Posted

Have you been tested for H Pylori? Just curious. 

i have peptic ulcers and had some of your symptoms. 

Also so maybe gall stones or a gall bladder issue may be to blame. 

But it it can also be anxiety. How stressed are you? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.