constantly hurting

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm new here. I have been suffering from fibro for many years . However it seems this summer is worse . I have been hurting all summer . It's seems to me be worse with the constant weather changes. Does anyone have the same problem? What are you doing for it? I have many illnesses as well. Also recently diagnosed as a diabetic type 2 . Do any of you know if this could cause more pain? Thanks a lot in advance!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes Biometric changes do affect FM. We can't do much about the unstable weather but we can make sure that we are getting enough rest, eating healthy and handling our stress as best we can. Having Diabetes can add to your stress and worry. Yet Diabetes can be managed very well today. I know that friends that have Diabetes say that gentle walking seems to be one of the better benefits to this condition. I am sure that you have the wisdom to deal with both conditions sweetie. Maggie xx

• Posted

Thank-you . I wasn't sure about the rotten weather changes and how they can or will affect us.

• Posted

I'm not a doctor, but I am a nurse living with fibromyalgia. Heat definitely makes mine worse. Also, diabetes typically comes with nerve pain too, so I can see how it might make your pain worse.

• Posted

What seems to be affecting me lately is the constant back and forth of heat and rain.
  • Posted

Hi there, cold increases my fibromyalgia because I also have ankylosing Spondyloarthritis so mine is muscular/skeletal so heat is better FOR ME.

I will add a bit more on this later, when I have more time- bit busy for a while- I've set a few realistic goals for the day and I'm trying to stay focused so to reduce stress: got to be on the plane in the morning to go see my rheumatologist to start new treatment scheduled for me!

• Posted

Hi Snoopydog; yes, I think any of us that have this Fibro, will agree that the summer months (the humid heat) can make our nerve pain/muscular pain a LOT worse.    Even before my diagnosis of Fibro, and Drs thought it maybe MS, the one thing I noticed, and commented on was that the pain increased terribly with heat.  I found this out, at the time, being in Winter, and had turned on the car heater to warm my feet, which Immediatedly set off the Burning pain in my feet.....also another thing was having a Hot bath to Try and relax with....this too, set off the burning sensations in my muscles....so can't really win, hey?....The only medication/s that I find relieves this is the Amitriptylline (some agree, others say they don;t find this to be the case).....others find the Cymbalta help....but it did nothing for myself.

?As to the Diabetes Type 11, the Neuropathy pain usually comes after some time (but it can be happening now if it has taken awhile to be diagnosed with the Diabetes) , with the deterioration of the blood vessels, and hence poor circulation, depriving the cells/extremities of sufficient oxygen.....hence another reason many of us feel, that Fibro pain ???may have something to do with "not tranferring the oxygen in our muscle cells adequately", as the pain can be very similar, for some?.and also the fatigued muscles after exercise?.............hoping this is what you are seeking answers to???................Bronwink

• Posted

Hi brown . I too the Dr's thought it was ms but have determined that it is not. And yes I have neuropathy in all my nerves this was do. Before I got diabetes. I also have lymphoidmia in my legs . This is not good either it's been a long rough road. It's just lately it seems to be worse then ever . I agree that maybe the diabetes could be behind it..

• Posted

Yeah Bronwyn, I think you must be right about the body not transferring enough oxygen around the body as I'm having more and more problems with ...all extremities and up my spine..went to rheumy this arvo re AS management expecting to start on next line of treatment Humira in few days but probably be waiting another 3-4 wks now before it all goes through the correct process...Its a real patience game, hey!

..Dealing with the As-Humira first then once they're happy that it's rendering the AS inactive, then he will be trying the cymbalta. In the meantime I will be reducing stress as much as possible, using positive thinking and diversional thought therapy to assist me with my management, as well as prescribed meds and supps.

How are you getting on Bronwyn?

What are your management secrets?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.