Constantly off balance

Posted , 10 users are following.

for the past 5 1/2 years i have felt what i call off balance. i have pressure behind my eyes, my head feels too heavy for my neck. when i stand or walk my legs ache and feel weak. the bottoms of my feet even ache. my heart rate will go up 30-50 points in a just a few minutes. then anxiety sets in and the symptoms get worse. ive had a lot of tests.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

If you have already been to a cardiologist than I would look up occipital neuralgia. It's a nerve that runs from the back of you head over the top of your head.

• Posted

will take that into consideration! thank you rocksolid

• Posted

hi sue i have felt the same on and off for 9years i have been diagnosed with vertigo menieres disease and vesticular neurios i learn to live with i go probaly twice a year to physio to get crystals back in place for vertigo plus excercises i do every day to help with balance i got from physio i always feel off i hate patterns mall lights drive me crazy i think its the lights long hallways also i try to avoid my first attack my head felt so heavy i couldnt hold it up that was weird plus ears foll full tingling in arms and legs also but thats better now so physio is what really helps me i take no drugs just to it on my own oh yes lets mot forgot nauseau fumfun fun u arenot alone hang in there the new way of life

• Posted

i was diagnosed by my physiotherpist plus my gp diagnosed menieres after i went to get my hearing tested

• Posted

Hi Sue

Just wondering if you suffer from headaches with the eye pressure? and also do you or have you suffered from panic attacks due to anxiety? just asking as ive had dizziness and balance issues for 5 years too and been having much more better days this year than ever before due to supplements and medication so wondering if you might have the same issues as me.

• Posted

ive had headaches since i was a child. i do have anxiety and panic attacks now because of this problem.

• Posted

Okay well just to let you know i have been taking citalopram for my anxiety and panic issues. This has been the most useful thing over these years that has eased my symptoms of dizziness, migraines and anxiety. I dont know what you have tried so far but believe me when i say from personal experience that your mental health and mind has a big part to play when it comes to unexplained and continuous dizziness. Especially if you are prone to anxiety and panic, getting this under control can make such a big difference

• Posted

HI RACHEL! I have been taking citalopram for at least 20 years. THANK you for letting me know about that! MAYBE I SHOULD CHANGE Dosage or change brand or something. Will let u know of new development after I SEE my neurologist! God bless you.

• Posted

i've had same feeling for a year had tests also eye pressure bright lights and loud noises to, i'm post meno 6yrs now but speaking to menopause support and have been told it's meno related glad i'm not on my own

• Posted

thanks SUE for your input! your description of your ailment exactly fits mine including the pain on my left sole except the anxiety but that's because I am already on anti-anxiety pills. I have undergone all the tests available with 0 findings. I will be seeing my neurologist for the first time this Tuesday. I will give you uodate if any.

• Posted

from last 2 years i have same problem pressure on eye migraine dizziness panic attacks anxiety etc everyday i am having dizziness but when dizziness increases i am having seizures like twice in 2 years all reports eeg mri etc are normal i am on AED and escilatopram even than i am having dizzi spell everyday i have seen neurologist psychologist psychiatrist but unfortunately no one can diagnose. if anyone has any idea please please help my life is totally disturbed

• Posted

hi sue, in my world i had a gastric bypass in 2003 & after many surgical mishaps, i ended up with vertigo and in 2 months i couldnt walk . finally my husband got my dr ti trasfer me to uc davis in california . as soon as i got there they knew what was wrong B-12 & B-1 thiamin defisciency . it effected my balance and hearing , tinnitus , night vision, gait(walking) . i do injections monthly of b-12& B-1. but for me i look like a drunk by evening time. same with me crazy carpets, uneven pavement , water(lakes oceans) , snow all effect my perception and my walking . windy days too. its a mixture of vitamin b defisciency and vestibular ear problems. my ears were never even thought about in 2003/4 , so its to late to correct best wishes maybe try the b-12 & b-1 injections

• Posted

So sorry to hear that! i have similar symptoms except the heart rate and anxiety part! However i an already on anxiety pill for 20 years now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.