Constantly sleeping

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, 

I am currently a student in college. So I have alot of studies to do, it's my last semester here so I am not as stressed as the previous ones. Once I get home, I do do my homework and my reviews. However, once it's around 9 o'clock I am exhausted and I go to bed. I used to be able to study until 2-3 am, but this is not the case anymore. Then I will wake up at around 7, but I will still be tired and I will do some school work and then I will fall asleep and miss my first class (which happened quite often this semester). 

Why is this happening? 

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

For a start, I imagine your body is trying to catch up on all the sleep you lost studying till 3am! That really wasn't a good idea.

More generally, teenagers often go through periods of extreme tiredness. Sometimes this can be due to the after-effects of some of the many viruses people of your age are prone to catching, but sometimes it just happens. Have you had any kind of fever or illness lately?

It's also a good idea to see a doctor for a general check-up and get blood work done. This will show up things like iron or vitamin deficiencies and also antibodies to viruses etc.

The main thing is not to worry. Many young people go through phases like this. But get a general check-up as well.

• Posted

Maybe your not exercising enough to keep your body healthy. Try that and see if it works. Also have healthy diet and good social life. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.