Constat Clicking

Posted , 6 users are following.

Almost 7 mo post op, anyone experiencing a CONSTANT clicking/popping? Every single step is at least 2 to 3 hard loud pops/clicks. So loud my wife can hear me walking around the house over the tv. Is this common and anyone else experiencing this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How is your bend? I had am awful clunking noise in mine and I couldn't bend it like I needed to, so I had surgery and the Dr, removed a huge band of scar tissue. Glad I had it done. No more clunking and I can bend better now! 

• Posted

Hi Kimmers -- I was reading Bruce's problem and you mention that your doctor performed surgery and removed scar tissue. Can I please ask you a question:  how many months you are post TKR and what type of surgery dud the dictor perform. I am 10 months post TKR and I could only bend my knee between 105-110. The doctor told me that I have adhesions/scar tissue, but there is nothing that he can do about it because I am 10 months post TKR.  I appreciate if you can let me know what type of surgery you had done. Thanks a million. J-21370

• Posted

Sorry for the errors. 
    • Posted

I am 9 1/2 months post TKR. I just had my surgery aboit 5 1/2 weeks ago. Basically my Dr. went in and remoced a huge band of scar tissue and now I don't have any noise. He also tried to bed it a little more but did not much because he was afraid he would break my leg. I was at 1bout 105- 110 and now since this surgery I am alreadt at 125!! 

Good luck and keep us updated.

• Posted

I'm not sure about "constant" but all those noises are normal.  Docs say they could last 12-18 months.  I'm 17 months p/o and I still get them from time to time.  I just ignore them.  Doc said: "You've got a giant mechanical device implanted in your body.  And you expected...what?"

• Posted

Hi Bruce, sorry not heard of this happening, have you been to see your GP/consultant? It might be worth it just for reassurance that all is ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.