Constipated and IBS

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all,

for the last 4 days now i have been constipated, but some times I can actually have a poo. Basically i need to go toilet i get part out and then i go straight to constipated again and i cant get anything out. I'm quite worried I have hemmohroids too.

Someone help me please?!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Miralax works for me. Take it every morning.

• Posted

Try taking some probiotics. These are healthy bacteria that facilitate digestion, support gut health and balance flora. Constipation can be as a result of various conditions either related or unrelated to your diet. With probitoics you can either try eating some yogurts, kefir or drinking Kombucha juice or use probiotic supplements. Personally, i have used the supplements. Flourish Probiotics by Eu Natural. It is a completely natural probiotic supplement, made from good bacteria that helps provide relief from various conditions like constipation, bloating, nausea and other digestion related problems. You might want to check it out.

• Posted

I have IBS..and little over a month ago had horrendous constipation where it felt like my digestive system was paralyzed (for about a week)..I was making multiple tries to pass stools..and only would get a small tary bit or small dried balls..like I was a rabbit!Because a colonic therapist long ago told me about a client of hers who took laxitives so much..she could only defecate via colonics, I became scared of taking them..So unfortunately I didn't take laxatives and strained for those days..at one point, after moving bowels, I had a horrible throbbing pain that lasted (that stayed for a couple days)...I was very scared. I years ago had an anal fissure that caused pain..so I was worried about that. made a appointment with GI..took almost s month.He saw no fissure but saw internal prolapsed hemmoroids...I took out my old donut pillow and have to use that to diminish pain sitting. butt hurts constantly. however I adjusted diet,..take fiber supplements 3× day, have oatmeal with fennel seeds in am, taking 1 stool softener a day,and one dulcolax before bed...soft stools, good color, only moderately painful movements. I'm committed to reducing hemmoroids(which are very common)....

I was stir frying veggies with brown rice, but may start mostly making fruit smoothies...as stir fry may bulk up stool too much. the pain pooping..is like a slightly bruised feeling now..nothing like before. I don't want to push(to engorge hemmoroids)..dulcolax helps with that. IMO straining that week created my new internal hemmoroid. if I had only taking laxitives then!..

my advice..use OTC laxitive etc. when constipated...or you'll create hemmoroids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.