Constipated for 6 weeks.. Any advice??

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

I am a 24 year old female. I've had a do pain for 8 months. It started off being diarrhoea but now I have I have been constipated for 6 weeks now. I didn't pass any stool for 4 weeks and was in severe pain. I have been admitted into hospital recently when the done an X-ray and confirmed I was constipated. Before being admitted I was prescribed laxido and glycerine. In hospital I took Moviprep and picolax and large enemas but there was no joy. A week later I was back the local GP out of hours and they prescribed me more picolax but that didn't work either. (Just brown watery fluid) the surgeons said it was overflow. Currently taking cosmacol m, glycerine and Microlax enema but I am having no joy passing naturally. I have passed once in 6 weeks and it wasn't a great amount. My doctor said that I would be sat in the toilet for days when the medicine kicks in. I am getting to the point were eating really hurts and I find myself feeling full and sick with dizzy spells. I call my GP 3 times a week near enough because I am that fed up and in so much pain. I am drinking plenty. I don't take any pain relief I massage my belly and use hot water bottles.

Does anyone have any tips to get this out of me. I want my normal life back. After 6 picolax sachets and 4 goes of Moviprep and 10 laxido a day with 5 Dulcoease capsules and 4 suppositories a day what more can I do 😫😢😭 thanks for reading xx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It really good that you had your colonoscopy.

and that they've picked up on certain things. An answer will be found to the issue. Continue to eat clean. I really hope that a diagnosis is found soon. I know how you feel and how very frustrating and stressful and depressed this can make you feel. Keep us updated on how things go for you. It will all work out. Hopefully eating the way you have been will kick start your digestion. Have you been adding flaxseeds to your diet? Freshly ground to anything especially green smoothies.

• Posted

Hi Amy I have only just read you message and I do hope something is happening by now. I notice your message was 10 months ago.  I started with the same thing before Christmas 2016. Told the Dr every time i saw him I had not been for nearly 4 weeks.  Prescribed me Cosmocol one sachet three times a day.  Christmas Eve I found myself in out of hours surgery.  Had a internal nothing in the pagssage so nothing can be done as it is too high up.  Dr told me to double Cosmocol and one piece of Exlax.  I did this.  Nothing just fluid coming out.  The back pain was horrendous tummy bloated. felt sick. lost over 2 stone in weight.  I went back to the dr last week and he said stop taking everything and wait for the bowel to start to sort itself out.  I may have contributed to this i dont know.  But I actually suffer from IBS and even though i take Solpadine Max Soluble for headaches I have never had problems with the loo, so I cannot think it is that.  I have cut them down but the are the only thing that gets rid of headaches.  I have used Mini Enema, and suppositries but was told as there is nothing in the rectom but higher up then stuff like that wont work. I feel sick with it, last three days keep going dizzy, hot sweats.  Been examined three times over my tummy but all feels well.  I know it is not normal.  So really if your cured can you tell me what you did, or what was done to cure you.  Thank you.  Val
  • Posted

hi amy, how are you now. i am also having same symptoms can you please provide how did you manage to get back to normal,thanks
  • Posted

Hi i totally know how you are feeling. Has your gp said about Disimpaction regime where you do treatment at home. And you would have to stay at home. With needing the bathroom constantly. It is a week of treatment. I was told I'd need to do it got everything ready. I'll start mine on Thursday. I have been using everything for years and didn't really get advice from gp. I can be 4 -5 weeks sometimes without going to the loo. And when I have been i thought good i have been. But gp said that i haven't completely empty my bowels for years. Which is worrying. I have small tiny red pin spots over my body. I am thinking is it linked to my bowels problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.