Constipated for almost 2 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

It all started on 9th of may when I didn't feel good that day, the next day I felt fine but I got a sore throat, runny nose and I started coughing as well. My throat stopped hurting a week later on 16th of may, the next day I lost my voice a bit (couldn't sing high notes...), 2 days later my voice got better. I didn't really give much attention to me being constipated so just yesterday I told my mom about it, she put plums into a hot boiling water for me to eat and drink. It apparently would clear out my bowel, and yes I've gone to the toilet 4 times in 2 days. Before I told my mom about it, the only way I would poop is if I forced it. The stool was not the regular size, and it was also a bit thinner than usual. I've been constipated only once for 3 days (as far as I can remember). Thats why I'm a bit worried now, and also I'm only 18 years old.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I would also like to mention that English is not my primary language. So if there are any grammar mistakes, I'm sorry

• Posted

Your mum has given you soluble fibre which is what has cleared you out. I am guessing you may need to increase your soluble fibre intake to your diet, in the form of extra fruits and veggies. That should help you stay more regular. You've obviously also had one of these funny bugs going around which can upset the inner workings and may take time to settle. At 18 it is highly unlikely to be anything to worry about. In fact worrying can make things worse.

• Posted

You seem to have solved your constipation, so you don't need to worry. Simply, relax, eat more fruit and don't strain too much when on the toilet. It also sounds like you had the cold as well which has cleared up. You are very young, try to enjoy life without giving yourself things to worry about. Worry makes things worse.

• Posted

Thanks for the replies! But my stools are still thinner than usual so I googled it, and it says that it may be a sign of a colon cancer. I'm a type of person that's very panicky...should I go to the doctor and talk about it there?

• Posted

Sad fact of life - Google is responsible for scaring most users silly! "May be" means highly unlikely unless you have loads of other symptoms, they have been going on a lot longer than two weeks, and the person is a lot older. I don't know where you live, as you said English is not your first language (but it is excellent!). If it's the UK you'll have to wait weeks to get an appointment anyway. By then you will have recovered from your bug and your stools will probably be back to normal. Anywhere else you may well have to pay. But it's up to you if you are really worried. What does your mum say?

• Posted

My mum says that everything is gonna be alright, and I should stop worrying. I also started getting random non sever pain on lower part of my abdomen, that could be on the left or right side and in the middle. It comes and goes.

• Posted

I had a quick look and the advice is that if the symptoms don't clear up in 4 weeks, then see your doctor. But by them I hope all is back to normal.

• Posted

Try using stool softners. they will help you from not pushing so hard when you go number two. don't use laxatives because they can cause stomach cramping. you are young and healthy stop panicking about this. relax you will be fine. good luck. go see a Dr to ease your mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.