constipated? please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay, so the last time I was able to poop a bit was the 22nd (around noon(5 days ago)), and it was because I took a laxative the day before (around 4pm). Now, I'm trying to poop but the hole won't open maybe just a tiny bit, and I have been having this pain in my stomach (right side under my rib) only when I try to go or put pressure on it, or move a certain way. Suggestions would be helpful! Maybe I'm too tense  and stressed? I'm not that active and have been in bed a lot..  this may sound gross, but I put my finger up there and got tiny bits out. I just don't want to go to the doctor. I'm 20, btw.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

IM GETTING THE SAME THING!!!! I'm freaking out because the colon cancer thoughts have subsided and now liver problems is in my head. Although not as bad because I only get the pain (same place as you, it happens occasionally/rarely though) , don't have jaundice or pale stools or edema, though. Do you have these?

• Posted

I changed up what I eat. I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast with eggs and toast. It helps me go! Maybe try eating flavored oatmeal? I eat apple nd cinnamon oatmeal!! 
  • Posted

I have had chronic constipation for 4 yrs, intense pain,  bloating and terrific backache where the hard stool was pressing on the nerve endings which line the colon. Had to enema every third day and my caterpillar movement of the bowel had virtually stopped working so the transit was taking days instead of hours. Needed A&E help twice.. Was told drink more water and eat more fibre which is disastrous for people who cannot process fibre. I have been taking two sachets of Laxido which bloats my stomach and senna at night which gripes. Got so fed up with all this after four painful years I did some research which resulted in scraping everything and taking 400mg Magnesium Citrate and 550mg Potassium Gluconate every  day. After 4 days I started passing every day, no bloating or griping, wonderful and I've stayed the same for weeks now. Both these minerals are natural laxatives in the body. Please, please, look up Potassium and Magnesium deficiencies, our bodies really need these minerals and your levels could be extremely low. They lower blood pressure and help other organs function. If you are drinking massive amounts of water trying to hydrate your Colin, which doesn't work, you have washed out your electrolytes. I really hope I can help someone now Ive cured myself. 

• Posted

I think you are really backed up from all that you say. Get yourself a liquid enema and free up downstairs. Taking oral laxatives will just gripe you if you are blocked. Right side under rib is the first bend in the colon  and it sounds like it is slowing there as it can't move through much. You have to manually release if that what it takes. I notice you are young, have you had your thyroid level checked? Usually doctors check this first as it's an easy solution if you have an  under active thyroid. 

• Posted

Please click my I’d and read my post about finding a cure for constipation. I don’t want want to write it all again but I haven have answers for you on my post here. I WAS constipated for 12 years

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.