Constipation?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok, so it's not a very nice thing to talk about...

But over the last week I've had terrible constipation, since Saturday 24th April, I've had terrible stomach pains too. Thing is, I didn't take anything for it, because I was managing to still go most days, just not as often as I would normally.

I even ended up needing to go home sick because of it yesterday so I could lie down... went 5 times yesterday too which helped a lot.

Can't help but think it's the tablets doing this... been on them for about 2 months now, first time I've had a problem like this from it. Maybe I'm eating too many carbs? Not enough roughage?

Oh, and because I haven't been 'going' as much, I haven't lost any weight either... even put on 1 lb, even tho I'm eating probably about 15g Fat per day... even without the tablets I should be losing it. I'm making sure my calories are up around 1000-1200 so that my body doesn't start going into starvation mode... confused!

Advice please smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Could you be a bit dehydrated?

That is guaranteed to bung you up!

I know it is a horrible feeling and you just feel so bloated and lethargic so you have my sympathies.

Roughage and water. Prunes?

One last thing. If you are getting plenty to drink and are following a reasonably healthy diet (fresh fruit and veg etc) then you must go and see the doc. It is embarrassing but any serious change in BM habit should be checked out just in case eh?

Best of luck,

Lelly M xx

• Posted

Thanks for the advice smile

I think dehydration is most likely... when I'm at work I drink 4-6 cups coffee a day (vending maching cups), no water though. At home I'll swig from a bottle of diet 7up but that's it. I don't actually drink water by itself.

I don't primarily have veg either, I've been really focussing on carbs (veg rice, baked pots etc). I have more veg planned in for this week too smile

Will get some prune juice when I go shopping tonight too.

Thanks for the advice :D

• Posted

Hi Fand,

Are you right in saying that you only eat 15gms of fat a day or did you get that wrong - surely you should be having a bit more than that :?:

Jane

• Posted

Hi

i am also suffering with constipation and horrible cramps - een on tablets for 2 weeks and have gained 2lbs. Gutted

ANy advice would be greatly appreciated

was thinking if asking doc to switch to reductil

• Posted

Hi Lucky,

my sympathies. However you will probably find that if you sort out the constipation the weight loss will follw as it is amazing how much poo seems to weigh!!

Anyway, as before I would suggest loads of veggis and water. Also, the cramps and bloating do sound as though you are a bit low on fat intake as I had the same symptoms when I cut all fats out. So try gently adding a little back in. Not too much as the orange oil rush will clear things out but is very nasty and anti social.

Main thing is stick with it. it is not nice but it will resolve its self. I'd also stick with Orlistat as, from what I have gathered, they encourage you to eat a healthier diet whereas Reductil seem to be a form of appetite suppressant?

Dunno, never had Reductil.

Also, since being on Blueys I have never had a bunged up problem (quite the opposite).

My word. I never thought I would be sharing No 2 details with a bunch of strangers on the internet. It is an odd life!!! :lol:

Lelly xx

• Posted

Hi LellyM,

I hope you do not mind but i need some help.

I have been on the pills for a week and a half. At first I though it was great - lost ten pound. But have now stopped losing weight.

I'm thinking that I am not eating enough fat. Just to get this right each meal has to be around 15g for the tablets to work?

How do you get your meal to 15g? I am so full and cannot get to that if i follow everything under 5g per 100g.

Cheers,

Sasx

:shock:

• Posted

Hi Y'all,

I suffered too, for nearly a week, i found that i just needed to lower my carbs, eat more veg and drink more water (and less coffee) soon helped me out!

Carley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.