constipation:/

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ,

ive just started taking orlistat and i am really constipated! Is that normal for the first few day? I may have ate too much fat im not sure but this is very uncomfortable did anyone else experience this?

X

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I felt like that first few days - I've been on Orlistat for just over 2 weeks and not seen any benefits yet, not lost weight, eating well and very active as I can, but it can take longer to start to work from the advice I've been given here
    • Posted

You havent lost any weight? oh i hope i lose weight on this it literally was my last resort hope this passes its so uncomfortable!
    • Posted

You could research just drinking vegetable juice. I know this sounds a bit drastic but you truly never feel hungry (but stay away from toast being done! You lose 1/2kg a day and really look forward to popping on the scales each morning. Heaps on you-tube.
  • Posted

yes its very normal, ive been on them 8 weeks, lost 25lb now. the first week I was constipated and finding it again this week. you need to eat as low fat as you can, put ths work in and you will reap the benefits :-)
    • Posted

Wow thats amazing 25lbs in 8 wks well done! I have pcos so im not sure if that will affect me losing weight but im really going to cut out my fat intake and hopefully go to the toilet soon ! Thanks for your advice
    • Posted

I'm in the menopause as I had a complete hysterectomy and they think this is why I can't loose weight easily - hope it works as I'm on my 3 week now and have not lost any weight
  • Posted

you will get there, I have really had to put some work into the diet, I have heard people saying you can eat what you like but you really cant its not a magic pill like my husband thinks! but I figured ive been gucwn the opportunity so put as much as I can into it. I have to take alot of steroids for my illness so I felt like I was in a vicious circle! xx!
    • Posted

Yeah im willing to put the work in definatly this is my lasy resort so i have to best pf luck to you you are doing great x
  • Posted

Hi there ooh i know what you mean i suffered really bad constipation and tummy cramps when i 1 st started taking them not nice sad if you were eating too much fat you would be leaking orange oil and have very loose stools i increased my veg, salad and fruit and i cut down on carbs and fat keep your fat intake to 5grms per 100 on every item you eat and 15grms or less per meal increase fluids too that will help especially in hot weather!! It will settle i had it for a week or so and the 1st week lost just 1 lb ive lost another 2lbs this week now making a total of 22lbs up to now so stick with it they do work as long as you work with them good luck keep us informed of how your doibg take care xxx
    • Posted

I eat healthy, lots of lean meats and leafy greens and bright veg, next visit to docs will look at hormone levels, I don't eat pasta, potatoes, rice etc as was told this would make menopause worse, I've also been restricted to under 1000 calories a day which is easy as I'm okay eating about 600, I tried upping what I say but I gained weight doing so so it's a catch 22 with me just now xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.