Constipation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

I'm eating well, lots of veg etc, but finding I'm getting constipated. Have taken a laxative to move things, is this normal? 

Cheers. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi collet,  I'm been taking them for a few days now and notice the same, have you kept some fibre in your diet? And drink plenty of water.. I've also been taking a laxative drink at night, mainly so I don't end up straining and feeling bloated. 

Prunes are useful too xx

Good luck on your journey 

Shelagh xxx 

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, lots of fibre as been having beetroot smoothies every morning. 

I took something and seem to be ok and returning to normal. 😉😉 think I do need more water though. 

I'm on day 5 and noticed I'm really looking at the food I eat and cut portion control down as I'm scared of an accident. 

I'm sure we will talk again as I got quite a lot to lose x 

• Posted

I want 5 stone off, expect it will take the rest of the year to get where I want. Fingers crossed it will come off. X 
  • Posted

Yes, if you use Senna Leaves too much, they will make your constipation worse. they are meant to be used in the short term. For me, I use the Dr Max Powers 15 Days Cleanse. I DO NOT TAKE IT FOR 15 DAYS!!! I only take two pills the day i have constipation, and maybe the next day. NO MORE. And then I dont take it for a month, as you dont want you body getting used to it. A bottle lasts me about a year, and for the last year I have barely had any problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.