constipation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 38yo male. I am having a constipation problem for about 4 years now.. Some time I get a discharge coming from my penis.. This morning the constipation were more intense and the discharge keep running it comes out milky thin and have a slightly thick base when the milky part runs off... Cld this be because of the constipation or I have an std? Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When constipated the "discharge" you get from your penis is almost certainly seminal fluid which you are expelling either from intrennal pressure of your lower bowel or as you strain to pass your bowel contents.  It is not uncommon and is totally harmless.

If you are worried that you [also] may ahve an STI you need to get checked at a clinic. If you are in UK then most large towns have them. You can find information on the internet search.

The usual STI that produces a discharge is gonorrhea. 

Some men with gonorrhea may have no symptoms at all. However, men who do have symptoms, may have:

A burning sensation when urinating;

A white, yellow, or green discharge from the penis;

Painful or swollen testicles (although this is less common).

There is pain when urinating and the discharge is at any time.

Remember that you can only have caught an STI by sexual contact with someone who is infected. Only you will know if this is a possibility!

You cannot get it from holding hands, using towels or drinking from cups.

• Posted

As feelbroken implies you do need really to treat the underlying problem of constipation.  Almost certainly caused by your diet so could you try improving that?

Lots of fibre, fruit and vegetables and drinking lots of fluids - not too much alcohol - and exercise.   I know; I'm boring.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.