Constipation

Posted , 2 users are following.

I finished the 14 day H -Pylori treatment two months ago. I don't think it was cured because I still have abdominal pain and on and off neausea. My main concern is constipation. I am active and have a pretty good diet. Drink a little Kifir during the day and eat healthy foods. I have small bowel movements about every other day but really strain just for the small movements. Has anyone else had constipation problems two months after an antibiotic treatment. Getting worried now thinking something else must be wrong. Just seems like things should have gone back to normal by now. Thanks everybody. This is a great forum.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Constipation after taking antibiotics is a common problem as the natural flora of the gut can be destroyed along with the troublesome bacteria.   Maybe increase the Kifir intake or try a probiotic yoghurt daily. Gradually increase your intake of grains,seeds and bran but dont go mad...a little at a time until you find the right amount for your own needs.    Dont strain if you have no "call".   You can also ask your pharmacist for a mild laxative to get you going

If you are still concerned about your H-Pylori problem you should go back to the doctor. Were you tested for H-Pylori?

• Posted

Yes I was tested and tested positive. I took an antibiotic treatment for 14 days. Finished on July 1st. I've been eating yogurt and Kifir in between meals. Started the Kifir and yogurt before I finished the antibiotics. You never hear from people who had H-Pylori and actually got rid of it. So , don't know how long it takes to get back to normal.

• Posted

Did you have the "triple" treatment? ie 2 different antibiotics and one antacid every day?

• Posted

As you are worried and it is now 2 months since your treatment I think it would be wise to go back to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.