Constipation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Amy I have only just read you message and I do hope something is happening by now. I notice your message was 10 months ago.  I started with the same thing before Christmas 2016. Told the Dr every time i saw him I had not been for nearly 4 weeks.  Prescribed me Cosmocol one sachet three times a day.  Christmas Eve I found myself in out of hours surgery.  Had a internal nothing in the pagssage so nothing can be done as it is too high up.  Dr told me to double Cosmocol and one piece of Exlax.  I did this.  Nothing just fluid coming out.  The back pain was horrendous tummy bloated. felt sick. lost over 2 stone in weight.  I went back to the dr last week and he said stop taking everything and wait for the bowel to start to sort itself out.  I may have contributed to this i dont know.  But I actually suffer from IBS and even though i take Solpadine Max Soluble for headaches I have never had problems with the loo, so I cannot think it is that.  I have cut them down but the are the only thing that gets rid of headaches.  I have used Mini Enema, and suppositries but was told as there is nothing in the rectom but higher up then stuff like that wont work. I feel sick with it, last three days keep going dizzy, hot sweats.  Been examined three times over my tummy but all feels well.  I know it is not normal.  So really if your cured can you tell me what you did, or what was done to cure you.  Thank you.  Val

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

solpadine can constipated u real bad hun
    • Posted

what do you suggest for headaches then please.  I have cut down such a lot.  Paracetamol do not work and Ibuprofen etc irritate my tummy? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.