Constipation

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been dealing with constipation and irritable bowel syndrome plus I have acid reflux disease and a hihatal hernia it hurts so bad all the time and I get very emotional and I cry a lot when I'm in pain

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I really think you should try lactulose it has helped me and I have now been able to go to the toilet every day/2 days for the past year. This is after being in hospital for a impacted stool, and being diagnosed with megacolon after doing colonoscopy. Now I feel fine to go to the toilet. I just seem to not have the urge so I go every night and hope something comes out which it does. I take one 30ml of Lactulose in the morning / afternoon. Supposed to take 30ml at night but I don’t need to. This was such a simple soloition for me after trying everything under the sun, I must of tried about 12 enemas which only cleared me out temporarily, suppositories etc. I’m going seeing the doctors in a few days time for a proper checkup which I should have had in November but I’ve played it off so long. So yeah - lactulose!! My best advice, simple medicine which actually cleared my impaction along with suppositories and this was all info from the GP’s even after meeting surgeons and doctors. 
    • Posted

Yea um I was on bentyl but it makes me sick to my stomach I get very emotional and I cry a lot when I'm in pain it's very difficult to deal with

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.