Constipation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im 21 years old. i do drink and smoke. i think for about 3 or 4 days ive noticed i havent had a bowel movement. my belly is bloated and feels as if ive eaten a bunch, which i have not. it doesnt hurt its more of a i comfortable feeling. i took some colace i got from when i had surgery a few months ago. so my question is when should i worry about my constipation? i feel nauseated. and its just bothering me. btw i took the colace at 12pm its now 8:51pm. please help. i have a fleer enema but i dont know if i should use it or not.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hello,

I have been in your situation many times before. honestly, have went a lot longer without going and believe me, it's not fun. i had to eventually go to the hospital twice within 3 days because I just couldn't go and was so backed up to the point even if I did go, the pain would be unbearable. so they did an enema on me each time and after the second time, i felt 100x better. since then, which was over a year ago, i have been taking miralax twice a day which really has helped. and it's not like a stimulant laxative that puts tons of strain on your bowel or anything. but anyways, for you ..every body is different. if it's not usual for you to go that long then you should definitely find a cause and solution to your problem. whether it's medications like my issue was, or diet. or whatever. i would see a doctor to be sure if you're able but for now I would look up things to help you go now so it doesn't go on any longer to where it will just feel worse. sometimes they say prune juice and other foods or natural remedies help. also drink lots and lots of water. I've been stressed that numerous times. but if you have an enema, as uncomfortable as it may sound. for me it worked like wonders to at least get what was backed up - out of me. so I'm not really sure what you're willing to do but these are just opinions or advice coming from only my experiences. i am no doctor but hope it helped maybe a little.

• Posted

ive tried an enema before when i was constipated after surgery. it worked really well. it just made me sooo exhausted and i just feel like if i can avoid it and find something diffrent id rather do that.

• Posted

I, too, am a fan of Miralax. I take it every morning in my coffee.

• Posted

so i actaully was able to "GO" a few hours ago. but i just feel soo fatigued. like i dont have any energy. im starting to get worried.

• Posted

well, I don't know your 'whole' situation, but I definitely know how ya feel. been there. still am really, but always make sure you drink lots of water. people used to tell me that all the time and I never realized how much it really helped until I really drank a lot.. your body can dehydrate itself especially if you took any laxatives. so just keep that in mind.

but if you really are worried , I would contact a doctor if you have one. if you were able to go at least, to me - you are getting somewhere. my issue before I was always just so happy to even be able to go. but once I did, after that is when the miralax really helped me.

• Posted

yeah. id ususally take miralax, i just dont have any at the moment. but thanks alot for the advice, 8 really appreciate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.