Constipation and dehydration.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, seem to have got constipated, don't really know why, I never seem to be able to drink enough fluid, I have a chronic problem with electrolytes and I can't seem to get it sorted, always a problem when I have blood tests, IBS drives you crazy, I have a redundant colon which has got to be relevant I reckon.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martin you sign in to here and you discover lots of useful information. I have ibsc too but also divertivulosis due to what they thought was lack of liquid - can you ask for a dietician or doctors appointment? They should be able to advise you what you do about lack of electrolytes

This should not be happening.

• Posted

Hi Sam, I've been through all the tests like colonoscopy, barium enema, endoscopy, and the end result I have a redundant colon also know as a torturous colon, this means it's longer than normal more twists and turns, GP can't seem to find a solution to electrolyte problem, so they reckoned it was lack of fluids, not drinking enough caused your divertivulosis, what is that?, is it the same as diverticulitis?, and what problems do you get from it.

• Posted

Hi Martin 

I’m sick of been bloated all the time I’m doing the fod map diet plan and still bloated most days why I don’t no I need some tablets to help with that I take peppermint oil tablets 

• Posted

Hi Rebecca

I use Chia Seeds for bloating, if you get some Chia Seeds, put 2 tablespoons of Chia seeds in a glass full of water, leave for about an hour or two stir it a few times it goes all glutinous, add some orange juice etc for taste and drink, there is something special about Chia seeds they are packed with fibre about 11 grams per tablespoon, this fibre is mainly soluble fibre which is said to be best for IBS, you maybe could start with one tablespoon to start with and work up to three tablespoons, this works for me, you can check out Chia Seeds online for digestive issues.

• Posted

That’s sounds great Martin I will try it will I get some from Holland and Barrett. Thank you 
    • Posted

Hi Rebecca

when you use Chia seeds you need to drink plenty of fluids, water etc, probably best not sugary drinks, 1 tablespoon Chia seeds to a glass of water soak for an hour, stir well, add orange juice etc for taste, you can up the amount of Chia seeds to 2 tablespoons but probably best to start with 1, Chia seeds soak up large amounts of water, the soluble fibre is a prebiotic i.e. feeds the good probiotic bacteria in your gut, they are great Chia seeds are send you PM about them.

• Posted

Are you already on a low fodmap diet? IBS IS crazy and is very hard to treat. My trigger is stress. 
    • Posted

Yes Hun I do the low fod map diet been doing it now for nearly two weeks not any less bloated and I have lost some weight tho which is good. I’m trying to see what the triggers are so far I’ve discovered garlic greasy fish and chips and pastry is my worse we will see if it’s anything else Martin says to try those thia seeds I think I will try them x
    • Posted

Hi

Yes I do reference the FODMAP DIET, yes stress is bad, it's the brain and gut link, apparently they very reactive with each other.

• Posted

Hi Rebecca

Did you manage to get any Chia Seeds?, I would be interested to know if they helped you with bloating etc.

• Posted

Hi martin for constipation and bloating You can try ISABGOL, I have also IBS-C...I drink it everynight..IT is a soft fiber..SO in the morning my stool passage is smooth and bulky....I still take it everyday, irrelevant of my symptoms...
    • Posted

Hi Jello thanks, I started using Chia Seeds a few days ago they're high in fibre like the ISABGOL you suggested, the Chia seeds are working great, I soak them in water for about an hour and they go glutinous, about tablespoon full to a glass of water stir well add juice for taste and drink, about three of these per day, Chia seeds contain other other nutrients etc.

• Posted

Hey martin I am happy that it is working for you...I will try it toobiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.