Constipation and diarrhea

Posted , 2 users are following.

person age of 84 years old with history of diarrhea and constipation frequently from past 8months reduces by medications and again repeats after stoping the usage of medications docters suggested of not to have sweets,sugar products and have less food but even not yet controlled upper gi endoscopy done and normal used ore and probiotics not useful and passage of green loose stools presnt but no infection present all blood and urine and stool investigations done and normal kindly help me with it

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

kimdly give your suggestions and treatment

• Edited

Just to make it clear, I am not a physician and this is not professional advice. I am recommending this due to personal experience.

Have you ever tried taking Psyllium Husk? A tablespoon of it is mixed into a large glass of water and taken immediately. After soaking with water the Psyllium Husk transforms into a gel that helps digestion by providing bulk. It is usually taken to alleviate constipation but can be taken to help with loose stools as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.