Constipation and diverticuliticulicccs

Posted , 7 users are following.

what can i do for constipation? A concerned that diverticulitis will return

Appreciate any advice!

patricia

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

take cosmocol you can get it on prescription. dont wait to be totally constipated as soon as your poo starts to get hard or looks similar to rabbits poo start taking it to soften them

• Posted

FIBER helps me...cooked vegetables, etc. Some people use a fiber supplement. There are over the counter mild laxatives if you are really in a bind! I think prune juice works for a lot of people. Good luck!

• Posted

I'm convinced that my constipation over the years is a huge part of what led to my DD issues. Lack of fiber and not enough water in my diet is what caused it. The straining while having BM could not have been good for my colon. Now, I make sure to get plenty of fiber in my diet and drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily, and the constipation has ceased. If I need a little boost, I also take Metamucil. And I might use a glycerin suppository once in awhile to make sure everything passes smoothly.

• Posted

Thank you all so much !

Great advice!

• Posted

A daily dose ,,A.M preferably before your breakfast ,,of LACTULOSE ,,it will , soften your stools and get them moving. you can buy this at most chemists, and it WORKS. start off with 10m, there is a measure

with the bottle , You can thank me later ,!!!!!!

Jacqueline

• Posted

When I have a flare up I go on a clear liquid diet for a day or two. Buscopan with paracetamol and a hot water bottle to tummy. I boil up a whole mix of vegetables, add some chicken stock and drink the resulting water with no vegetable residue, which goes into the compost. I find that Laxido sachets hep to soften the stool. Your idea of using a soft suppository sounds good, especially as haemorrhoids can become a problem with flare ups especially. DD is a miserable complaint for sure! Good luck with yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.