Constipation, bedwetting and disimpactation - I Need HELP

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, 

I am new here. I am a 15 year old female. This may be a long one but any help or advice would be well appreciated. 

I will start of with bedwetting. I have been bedwetting for a long as I can remember and it is not getting any easier/better. I have been to the doctors so many times and they just say she will grow out of it. Well I am 15 and I still haven’t grown out of it. I currently wear nappies every night to bed and have to change in the middle of the night as they get so full. I don’t know what else to do - please leave any advice or tips that you have used or anything would do in my position. 

I will talk about constipation next as it is kind of related. I have chronic constipation which the doctors think causes my bedwetting as my bladder can’t deal with the pressure. I went for my monthly check up in the doctors (I have these every month to check on my constipation and so it doesn’t get really bad) however I had missed last months appointment and so they hadn’t checked me out. I went about 5 days ago and explained to the doctor when they asked me if I had been regular I said no and that I hadn’t gone in 6-7 days. He went on to feel my stomach and it was like a rock - like I am badly constipated. I am now doing disimpactation and am on day 4 and far nothing has happened not a single leak or not of poo has come of me at all and I mean nothing. Normally I would have passed something on day 2 and it would just keep on coming (sorry if TMI) until I got to a watery poo, but nothing this time. I am starting to get worried - is this normal, has anyone else experienced this? Should I wear nappies for when it does happen to help with the messes? If anyone has any advice or any help what so ever please let me know. I am starting to greatly worry. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.