Constipation even after cleansed colon

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello guys, I hope whoever is doing this group already knows that I have had posted on this forum before about my gastric issues of heartburn and chronic constipation and urge of having stool through which I can't sleep and even if I do, I just wake up after 4 hours max.

I wouldn't make this long, all I wanna ask is that I went through a lot today by keep going to the toilet frequently for like 9 hours after I took 25ml of caster oil by mouth because my stool comes out after pushing colon hard and it comes out in a weird small flat sized shape. So I thought the stool nearby in rectum is stuck or something that's why it's not coming out so I decided to take caster oil. Now after 9 hours of extreme diarrhea(in which I suffered inflammation too and then a Little pain in the anus) I felt good and hungry so I ate rusk only and some fruits and now I have the same constipation as I had 9 hours ago and for the last 6 months. What is wrong with me? What could it be related to? Is it IBS, IBD, Lactose, Guts allergy what could it be? Please help me figure it out guys in suffering and losing hope of living further. I'm just 19 years old. Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Not simple to deal with and i can give advise though. Lots of fiber 3x day. Miralax before bedtime. Eat well not lots of constipatimg foods like fried, cheese, white flour, etc. 

I do this and still have issues. I am certain it's incomplete defication disorder. Very hard to cure. Read up but may not be your problem if you don't do the paragraph above. Good luck. 

• Posted

Can you recommend me quality fiber supplements? And btw I don't eat anything, not at all except for just French fries(even quit them). I know it's not easy to treat but 5 years ago it all began with a heart burn first of all and now for the last year I have developed chronic constipation and rectal gases that doesn't let me sleep or doesn't let me stay asleep for more than 5 hours. I'm so miserable and I need help to reduce symptoms to atleast do the things I need to do to be successful.

• Posted

I feel that you need to address your diet! Perhaps you should consult a dietician who can help you to get back on form! I also drink lots of water throughout the day and as a UC sufferer that helps me! Plus plenty of exercise and eating small amounts often thru the day rather than big meals! Important that you don't suffer this any longer and I hope you get some help! First stop Dietician or nutritionist! Good luck!

• Posted

Ruari1 you're absolutely right. It has definitely to do with my diet but what if all these problems are caused by allergy? Biscuits, wheat bread and rice are regularly in my diet. Can I be allergic to them? I have had been diagnosed with allergy 2 years ago that caused irritation in my throat and caused me closed nose and mouth. Also suffering from heart burn since I was 15 and it hasn't gotten any better infact now I have chronic constipation and gases in my rectum and lower abdomen that doesn't let me sleep at all and even if I fall asleep by taking a pill, I wake up within 5 hours. I haven't slept for more than 4 hours a day for last two months. I'm in despair and I need help figuring it out what is it. Thank you and please try to help me. I hope you're suffering from everything ends too completely

• Posted

Hi, as to diet I avoid wheat always, I eat only white rice too. I try not to eat bread, the raising agent in bread is not good, I eat white bagels instead, and products known as'thins' are good too, white ones! Not allowed to say product company on this forum! The only cereal I have for breakfast is rice crispies! I find tinned fruit a bonus! I limit my fresh vegetable intake to mostly carrots and buy veg/fruit smoothies instead! I have bananas occasionally! The rest of my diet consists of fish mostly, fresh or tinned in olive oil! I avoid red meet, and have chicken with rice or pasta! I don't eat fried foods at all! I make my own soups, purée ing everything first! I do well on poached or scrambled eggs too ! Lots of yogurt mostly Greek and occasionally fruit ones, my consultant suggested a mars bar with every cup of tea too! I don't know if that's for protein or maybe he has shares in the company! The only chocolate otherwise is very occasionally mint ones! I drink tea but not coffee, I also drink green tea and camomile! Skimmed milk I drink and almond milk in cereal! If I need a sweet boost I have tea biscuits, ginger biscuits or plain Madeira cake! Rice pudding too! I know this all sounds quite regimental but it has taken me 5 years to get here ! Not perfect but it's the only way I can get thru my condition! I wish you good luck, remember lots water and exercise! Avoid alcohol and cigarettes! Once agin, good luck!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your long answer containing all the diets you take. Do all of these foods help you? Don't you have a lactose tolerance or food allergy issue? Have you ever been tested for Food Allergy or skin prick test?

• Posted

Hi there, no never been tested for food allergies! Simply keep a diary on things I eat that upset me and those I get on with! I am a UC sufferer and react badly to some medications and some give me nasty side effects! At the moment medication is helping with the UC but the side effects are quite bad! I will see my consultant in Nivember with regard to those however I will keep to my diet!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.