Constipation following Colonoscopy. Is it caused by the brand of laxitive preparation used?

Posted , 1 user is following.

It seems there are a lot of patients that are experiencing constipation after having a colonoscopy. The first two colonoscopies I had went find and had no constipation afterwords and used moviprep for both preps. The third colonoscopy I used Suprep and have had constant constipation now for over 2 weeks. I have been back to the doctor twice and he had me take merilax which didn't help very much. Because of the pain and bloating with constipation my doctor ordered a CT scan with contrast which only showed that I was suffering from constipation. So I am wondering if the Suprep was the problem. Has anyone else used the Suprep and suffered from constipation after their colonoscopy?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.