Constipation help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all had miss carriage then anti biotics that have just done who knows what to bowels and gut, am so scared to eat as I can't bear the pain and cramps have never experienced this level of pain from IBS and have had it all my 40 years.

Pain to push then the pain after as it cramps sad

Dr just says take buscopann but I won't take something that makes vision blurry.

Have got movicil to take daily to help I hope. Just locked in a vicious circle plus muscles r all hurting from surgery am sooo anxious which dosent help tummy and bowels.

Start hypnotherapy tomorrow for IBS and SSRI to calm the anxiety but what do they do give u cramps and abdominal pain so round we go again !

Any advice would be great 😀

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about your miscarriage, this is all you need to have gut issues. Have never heard of anyone having blurred vision from taking buscopan, I TAKE IT when neededit helps me a lot. Give it a go.
    • Posted

Hi is a side effect and know 4/5 people who take it get it and I am the person that gets all the side effects sad

• Posted

What is buscopan?  My doctor doesn't know what is wrong with me.  I am 64 had some constipation issues for years and once in a while explosive diahhrea.  Well last October I had diahhrea for 10 days and finally hospital I was so weak.  I had colonoscopy, upper gi, endoscopy, 2 catscans and no answers.  Went along ok for about a month and then got very stressed out about finances and weather ( I get anxiety attacks). So the other day in anticipation of a large snowstorm (I live alone) I got explosive diahrea attack and bleeding. It stopped and now constipation and abdominal pains in waves.  Just so frustrating.  Now doctor wants more tests and I just don't know what to do.
    • Posted

Buscopan is for spasm pain, basically if you have IBS your stomach feels like it's knotted up, and this relieves that feeling. I work on the fodmap diet which cuts out lots of things the gut does not like.

Google it. It was recommended by my consultant.

• Posted

Not good! Please check your inbox for a link to a book that may help.

Hope you feel better soon..

• Posted

Thank you will read tonight - just going to have hypnotherapy to

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.