Constipation in menopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies

Off and on I seem to be suffering with constipation. I have a lot of fibre in my diet. I drink plenty and have boiled warm water as well. I have prune juice most days. Anyone got any ideas? X

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Magnesium citrate and chelated magnesium help to keep me regular, as well as a healthy diet and lifestyle!

Citrate can upset my tummy, so take 100mg citrate and 100mg chelated in am.

Then 200mg chelated after dinner.

400mg apparently is a good daily dose for our age group.

Hope this helps jx

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. I take magnesium citrate twice a day. Should I take another? I'm wondering if it's that making me feel nauseous all the time?

• Posted

Michelle, some of us can't handle magnseium citrate. I tried it and had to give it up because it made me nauseous and it didn't make me feel well. The only way to see if it's the magnesium making you sick is to stop taking it for a week and see if you're no longer getting nauseous or having maybe other side effects. If you're still nauseous even after not taking it then start taking it again. 

• Posted

Yes could be. If I take anymore than 100mg, it upsets my tummy that's why I take Chelated Magnesium... originally to help with insomnia. Doesn't make any difference with sleep but does help tummy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.