Constipation, irregular bowel movement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since 2 months I am experiencing constipation. My usual bowel movement is once per day. Due to constipation it is delaying from 2-3 days.  After 3 days if I go to bowel movement, because of the hardness of the bowel sometimes I can see blood and also pain in the anus. But after seeing in the internet, I have opted for enema. After taking enema, for first 2 days it was still painful because of the previous constipation side effects. From day 3, I didn't experience any itchiness or pain in the anus. So I thought enema is helping me. For the next 1 week the bowel movement was healthy without taking enema. After that one day I experienced constipation and started taking enema again. I have been taking it since 3 weeks. The bowel movement is fine. To be exact it is not 100% bowel movement. I can feel it inside. I am happy that there is no itchiness or blood or pain. 

But my concern is that if I take enema daily, do I become dependent on it? Should I consult a doctor? If so whom do I need to contact for these issues? 

Please help me.

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think you should see a doctor if you are needing enema frequently and noticing blood.  It is important to get a diagnosis.
    • Posted

Hey philippa61759,

I have not noticed blood since I have started the usage of enema. That is why I am worried, like if I have to depend on that. I am planning to visit a doctor about this. Is there any permanent solution for Constipation/ Irregular bowel movement.

• Posted

you need to see a doctor to check but the bleeding is likely to be 

hemeroids or a fissure.   Whats your diet like, has it changed ?? do you eat lots opf fruit and veg ? lots of plain water.  if not you need to .  Some foods are harder to digest than others so increase the time they spend in the colon and are therefore hard to excrete. You will become dependent on emema / laxative so see doctor to ensure nothing untoward  going on and then aim for preventive measures 

• Posted

Hey jon5,

My diet is something like .. starbucks cold coffee, rice and curry in the afternoon, fiber oats cookie in evening, rice and curry in the night. I take chicken couple of times a week. Drink 3-4 beers on friday. Junk food once or twice in a month. May be I am lacking in drinking the quota of water that I have to. I can sense constipation and I don't feel any pain in the body.

• Posted

I would talk to your doctors? I don't think they are very healthy to do it so often because of the dehydration. You should only do it as little as possible as you'll damage yourself!

If your looking for something more natural that may help you. I use a gel and I had constipation straight after having my little boy and I had stitches so tried not going toilet as it hurt so I ended up constipated. I tried everything and nothing help. A friend told me about the gel that she sells with a company and after 2 weeks of taking I have no signs of constipation or ibs. After the first week I was able to go toilet normally I felt so relieved especially wth my stitches!

I'd defiantly speak to your doctors because I'm sure it's not Healthy and you don't want to rely on them!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.