Constipation.nightmares

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello ladies , anyone have constipation issues that nothing seems to help ?

i think its the meds im on that cause it but i have tried lots of fiber, magneisoum solute, and laxitives.

do any of you know a good home remedy solution that would be safe to try that wont interfere with meds?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tawana!

Unfortunately constipation is another one of those horrible menopause symptoms. Have you tried eating apples, plums or peaches? Also drinking water helps. Try to stay away from foods that are fried or have a lot of salt as they tend to bloat you up only further complicating your bowel issues. I have the issue and do agree that certain meds can cause constipation. If none of these work then ask your doctor for a referral to see a GI. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care. 😊

• Posted

Wow.. usually magnesium works for me-- I take it at night. Or even a lot of greens and fruit. I had this problem on vacation so I bought a bag of apples and ate several each day.. It worked!!! My friend who is going thru menapause swears by spirulina and has kept her regular.

• Posted

Best ancient and safe home remedy:

Castor oil (hexane free/organic)

2 Tablespoons.

no more constipation

just drink warm tea, lemon, or whatever after you take the castor oil.

Also helps eliminate other things from your digestive system,

Plan to spend a morning maybe- hrs at home and you are good to go

xoxox

• Posted

some nest cod liver oil in a glass with a small amount of fresh orange juice and a couple of figs....you might not ho every day but you will go every outher . x aly

• Posted

hi Tawan!! try some prune juice ! it has helped me and wont cramp up your tummy...

❤❤

• Posted

start with about 6 0unces or so

• Posted

HI everyone , thanks for replying and all the great ideas . I will for sure try them .

have a great day 😃

hugs to all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.