Constipation then Diarrhea??

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am new here and will try to keep this post short; would like some advice and/or peoples experiences. I am chronically severely constipated and have had a recent bad flare up for three weeks after an endoscopy. Two days ago I finally had a good BM but then about an hour later started having explosive diarrhea (graphic I know) and had that all through the night along with a lot of lower abdominal cramping and gas. Yesterday I ate a piece of toast and was very nauseous and had bad cramping... almost like period cramps that lasted throughout the night (had another loose BM in the night). I have emetophobia so it was a nightmare. It has been very hard to eat (nausea and phobia) and take my daily medicines. I have GERD and am in the middle of doing many tests and medicine trials to determine other digestive disorders but with no success. Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What did the endoscopy show? It's sounds a LOT like IBS.  Have you tried asking for a colonoscopy, also? It doesn't sound like anything serious. I'm thinking IBS because your symptoms are very similar to it. 

• Posted

That diarrhea could be well a reaction to some of the medication you are taking... you will have to go easy and test trial one by one...

Best of luck

• Posted

If you have not already had an abdominal cat scan and this happens again go to the E/R and ask for one.
  • Posted

It may solve your problem if nothing else does. Discuss it with your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.